KENSINGTON, Md. (AP) — The Montgomery County fire department says all of the toddlers stung by wasps at a Kensington school are doing well.
The children were stung Monday during a fire drill at Temple Emmanuel Early Childhood Center on Connecticut Avenue. Rescue workers initially said the insects were bees. But The Washington Post (http://tinyurl.com/97tdpas) reports that the school said Tuesday that they were yellow jackets, not bees, after an inquiry by a member of the Montgomery County Beekeepers Association.
Officials say the children and staff members were taken to a hospital in an ambulance bus.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com