CENTER MORICHES, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say 85 patients had to be evacuated from a nursing home due to a propane tank leak.
The 100-bed Cedar Lodge Nursing Home in Center Moriches was evacuated around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Newsday (http://bit.ly/RKaonR ) reports that experts began a controlled "burn off" of the remaining propane inside the 500-gallon tank.
Patients who needed special care were taken to hospitals. The others were transported to the Center Moriches High School.
No injuries were reported.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com