The Ohio State Buckeyes and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are planning to meet on the football field within the next decade.
The Buckeyes and Irish announced a two game series for 2022 and 2023.
The two will play at the Horseshoe in 2022 and then in South Bend in 2023.
The move is in line with the Ohio State plan to improve its early season non-conference schedules.
Here's the list of upcoming non-conference at home-and-home series:
- Virginia Tech: Saturday in Columbus, and next year on Labor Day (Sept. 7) in Blacksburg, Va.;
- Oklahoma: Sept. 17, 2016 in Norman, Okla., and Sept. 16, 2017 in Columbus;
- TCU: Sept. 15, 2018 in Fort Worth, Texas, and Sept 21, 2019 in Columbus;
- Oregon: Sept. 12, 2020 in Eugene, Ore., and Sept. 11, 2021 in Columbus;
- Notre Dame: Sept. 3, 2022 in Columbus, and Sept. 23, 2023 in South Bend;
- Texas: Sept 17, 2022 in Austin, Texas, and Sept. 16, 2023 in Columbus; and
- Boston College: Sept. 9, 2023 in Columbus, and Sept. 2, 2024 (Labor Day) in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Ohio State leads the series with Notre Dame 3-2 with the last win coming in the 2006 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl which featured a 34-20 Buckeye win.