State Education Spokesman In Hot Water Over Tweet


UPDATED: Friday July 25, 2014 4:10 PM

The Ohio Department of Education spokesman is facing disciplinary action after a controversial tweet.

John Charlton was posting to his personal account on the social media website Twitter. 

He was responding to a tweet he had received earlier that pointed out the ongoing investigation into Concept Charter Schools.

The first tweet said that Charlton believed that "charter schools are OK - no matter what shenanigans take place." 

It was Charlton’s response that’s got him in trouble.

He wrote -"Guys, it's after 5 on Friday. Take a break from the muckraking and enjoy the weekend. Maybe you can get laid. LOL."

After the tweet was circulated, Charlton apologized.  

The Chief of Staff for the State Board of Education told 10TV that it does not matter that it was from a personal account.

“Nonetheless, we expect our employees to conduct themselves appropriately. In this case, the employee did not, and he regrets it,” said Jason Rafeld.

Charlton was not available for comment.

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.