Woman Hospitalized After Marysville House Fire

By
UPDATED: Tuesday July 15, 2014 11:58 PM

A 69-year-old woman was airlifted to Ohio State University Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation after being trapped inside her burning home.

Fire crews were called to 919 Collins Avenue shortly after 9:00 p.m. after the woman's nephew reported a fire at the home.

Marysville Fire Chief, Jay Riley, said the woman's nephew was also in the house when the fire started, but was able to escape without injury.
 
Chief Riley said fire crews are investigating the cause of the fire, but it's possible that something sparked the woman's oxygen tank.

According to Riley, the fire started in the same room as the oxygen machine generator.

The majority of the damage was contained to the rear and basement of the home. Fire crews were able to save two cats from the home.

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.