Nothing says summer quite like your first trip to the pool. Spending time around the water is a fun activity that helps us be physically active and cool down.
To fully enjoy this pastime, it is important for both children and adults to feel confident and secure in the water.
As the largest operator of swimming pools in the U.S., the Y understands and believes in the importance of practicing water safety. We encourage you and your family to follow these tips:
- Swim only when and where there is a lifeguard on duty
- Never swim alone
- Constantly and actively watch children in your care while in and around the water, and always remain within an arm’s reach
- Wear a Coast Guard-approved life jacket if you are an inexperienced swimmer or don’t know how to swim.
- Do not engage in prolonged breath holding activities
- At they Y, swim lessons are offered for all ages INFO