From Giant Eagle by Eating Well
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound catfish, tilapia, haddock or other white fish fillets (see Note), cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
To prepare raita: Combine cucumber, yogurt, mint, lime juice, garlic, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
To prepare fish: Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; thoroughly dredge fillets (discard any leftover flour).
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish, working in batches if necessary, and cook until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve each portion of fish with about 1/4 cup raita each.