Family Escapes House Fire, Pets Don't Survive


UPDATED: Friday May 9, 2014 9:46 AM

A family of four escaped a house fire in west Columbus Friday morning.

The fire started in the basement of the home on Columbian Avenue near Sullivant Avenue around 3 a.m.

Fire investigators told 10TV it appeared the fire began near where a dryer was plugged into the wall in the basement.

The flames quickly spread to the upper floors, including burning a hole through the floorboards of the first floor.

Several pets inside the house didn't survive.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.