Ohio Man Dies After Space Heater Ignites Him While Painting At Park


UPDATED: Thursday March 27, 2014 9:26 AM

Authorities say a man has died after being burned by a space heater while painting a bathroom at a northeast Ohio park.

The Summit County medical examiner's office said 49-year-old Jon Blystone of Youngstown was painting a bathroom Wednesday at Green Acres Lake Park in Diamond, between Akron and Youngstown.

He was using a space heater to keep warm, and was seen emerging from the bathroom "engulfed in flames," according to the medical examiner.

He was taken to an Akron hospital where he died early Thursday.

©2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.