One Person Dead In Apartment Fire


UPDATED: Monday March 10, 2014 5:39 AM

Firefighters said a cigarette sparked a deadly fire in east Columbus .

It happened in the 5500 block of Chatford Square around 11 p.m. Saturday.

The Columbus fire department has confirmed that a man died in the fire after he went back inside the apartment to get his cell phone.

A woman was able to escape the fire.

The man's identity has not yet been released.

Stay with 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for continuing coverage.

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.