Many children in Central Ohio were on winter break on Thursday.
The snow meant many of them could go sledding for the first time of the season.
The driving snow and sharp wind didn't seem to bother them, as sledders sought out the best hills in Central Ohio.
"Oh, they're perfect, lots of snow. It's still falling. It's exhilarating," said Elisabeth Applegate.
The Meiring family was visiting from Atlanta, where they've lived for twenty years. Linda's from Minnesota, and misses the white stuff.
"We don't get to see this kind of snow, so we came up to visit relatives, and we absolutely love it. We extended our stay one more day, just so we could have the snow," said Linda Meiring.
10TV asked on Facebook and local officials to tell us some of the best sledding hills in Central Ohio.
Here's the partial list. Go to the 10TV Facebook page to share your favorite spot.
- Bexley…Schneider Park off Sheridan Avenue
- Columbus…Antrim Park and Schiller Park
- Columbus Metro Parks…Highbanks Park and Sharon Woods
- Dublin…Scioto Park
- Grandview Heights…Wyman Woods
- Grove City…Fryer Park
- Upper Arlington…Northwest Kiwanis Park and Sunny 95 Park
- Worthington…Wilson Bridge sledding hill