Possible Carbon Monoxide Death In East Columbus


UPDATED: Friday December 20, 2013 8:54 PM

The Columbus Division of Fire said they found a 74 year old woman dead in a home with high levels of carbon monoxide.

Battalion Chief Patrick Ferguson said it's unclear if the carbon monoxide contributed to the woman's death.

Fire crews went to the home in the 900 block of Chelsea Avenue in Bexley around 6:45 p.m. on a call for a cardiac arrest.

The woman's daughter found her unresponsive.

Firefighters smelled something off and suspected carbon monoxide. They tested the air and the tests showed a high level of carbon monoxide in the home.

The carbon monoxide levels were at 600. Ideally, levels should be at zero in your home.

Fire investigators said the boiler in the basement malfunctioned. The gas company was called out to the home.

Bat. Chief Ferguson said they would not know if the woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning until an autopsy was performed.

There were no working carbon monoxide detectors in the home.

Stay with 10TV on the air and online at 10TV.com for updates.

 

 

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.