Ross County Sheriff's deputies raided a mobile home on U.S. 23 South on Wednesday.
The Chillicothe Eagle Gazette reports a law enforcement officer accidentally shot Krystal Barrows, 35, in the head during the raid. The Ross County prosecutor said it was unclear if the gun malfunctioned or if the officer made a mistake. Barrows was taken to a hospital by medical helicopter in critical condition.
According to a news release, 11 people were found in the residence when authorities entered at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday evening.
Investigators say they found what appears to be heroin, along with cash, firearms, and stolen property.
Eight people were taken into custody.
- Rodney Tackett, 32, was arrested on a warrant out of Pickaway County.
- Rodney Fyffe, 27, was arrested on a warrant out of Waverly.
- Kaitlin Landrum was arrested on a warrant out of Chillicothe.
- Arnold Haney, 30, was charged with possession of drug abuse instruments. He was also wanted out of Indiana.
- Jason Hall, 34, was arrested on a warrant out of Pike County.
- Ashley Rowley, 23, was charged with child endangering.
A juvenile at the scene was released to her grandparents.