End Teen Dating Violence-Every Girl Deserves RESPECT
To strengthen individuals and families.
Jewish Family Services is a 108 year old community based organization whose mission is to strengthen individuals and families. We are an organization rooted in a rich history of Jewish values. We help individuals of all races, ethnicities and religions in the two most important aspects of their lives: family and work. Through a unique combination of mental health and workforce development services, we help people and families become stronger.
We guide. We counsel. We mentor. We teach. We shore people up. We prepare them for jobs. We strengthen relationships. We help them be self-sufficient, both emotionally and financially.
In short, we change people’s lives, one life at a time.
Jewish Family Services is a values based organization committed to providing education and creating awareness amongst teens in an effort to end teen dating violence.
- Reduce Teen Dating Violence in schools and community by increasing awareness, education, prevention, and intervention services.
- Engage teen girls so they have the skills, knowledge, and tools they need to identify unhealthy relationships, support their friends and community, and understand their finances (boys included in Year 4).
- Educate and engage parents, mentors, and administrators so they can support their teens.
- Be the “go-to agency” in central Ohio for issues and links to resources relating to Teen Dating Violence issues.
The Teen's Dating Bill of Rights
Remember these are your rights. You deserve them. Believe in yourself and settle for nothing less.
- I have the right to follow my own values and standards.
- I have the right to change my mind.
- I have the right to set boundaries and make my own choices.
- I have the right to end a relationship.
- I have the right to change and grow.
- I have the right to be happy.
- I have the right to high self-esteem.
- I have the right to be safe on a date.
• National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474 (24/7)
• Love is: www.respect.org
• Break the Cycle: www.breakthecycle.org
• National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
• That’s Not Cool: www.thatsnotcool.com
• National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center: www.safeyouth.org
• Jewish Family Services (M-F, 9-5pm) 614-559-0124 or www.talkrespect.org
• Choices- 24 hour crisis hotline, 614-224-4663, or www.choicescolumbus.org