All day Thursday, local media will join together with the United Way of Central Ohio to show support as the community Unites to Fight Poverty.
Thursday, media from WBNS-10TV News, WCHM, WSYX and WTTE will speak out to fight poverty in the community.
Six Things You Can Do NOW to Help Fight Poverty:
- GIVE to United Way’s Community Impact Fund. Even small gifts add up to huge impact!
- Change your personal Facebook cover photo and profile photo to the following during the month of October: Unite to Fight Poverty Facebook Profile Photo or Unite to Fight Poverty Facebook Cover Photo
- On the morning of October 10th, through your social media channels, send out the following message:
Facebook: Since 1 in 3 people in central Ohio are struggling to meet their most basic living expense, I’m joining the fight. Please join me. Unite to Fight Poverty. #fightpoverty To learn more, visit http://www.liveunitedcentralohio.org
Twitter: 1 in 3 central Ohioans can’t meet basic needs. I’m joining the fight! Join Me! Unite to Fight Poverty. #fightpoverty http://bit.ly/L2TI
- Sign up to receive United Way’s Advocacy Alerts when your voice is needed on public policy issues.
- Find a VOLUNTEER opportunity and be part of the change.
- Consider engaging your friend and family in a discussion on how poverty in central Ohio affects all of us.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more.
©2013 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.