Fire Crews Battle Blaze In East Columbus


UPDATED: Tuesday September 24, 2013 11:47 AM

Emergency crews were called to a house fire in east Columbus on Tuesday morning.

The blaze was reported in the 200 block of South Virginialee Road around 9:30 a.m.

Witnesses reported to 10TV that they were seeing smoke and flames coming from the home.

The Columbus Fire Department said no one was seriously injured.

Officials said the fire was started by a discarded cigarette.

The estimated damage was $400,000.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for the latest news.

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.