It took multiple fire units to put out a blaze at a southeast Columbus apartment complex on Thursday.
The two-alarm fire was reported shortly before 1 p.m. at apartments off of Shannon Road on Bowman Meadow.
Officials said one apartment was a "total loss" and units on each side of it were damaged.
A 17 year old was in the garage at the time the fire started and heard smoke detectors.
The fire did an estimated $500,000 in damage.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators believe the fire was started when someone attempted to put out a cigarette in a flower pot on the balcony.
Stay with 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for updates.