A church fire was reported in Morrow County Tuesday morning. Firefighters were on the scene on County Road 217.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a warning on Friday about thermal burns from playground equipment.
Officials said that though many playground pieces are no longer made of metal, plastic and rubber have the potential to become hot enough to burn a child’s skin.
According to the CPSC, young children’s skin is more susceptible to burning because it’s thinner and more delicate. Children also have not developed the reflexes to remove themselves from hot surfaces as quickly as adults can.
Officials said that parents should always be aware of the sun and weather and should check the temperature on surfaces before allowing children to play on them.
Children also should be dressed appropriately and should be supervised.
Anyone who has a child who has suffered a burn on a playground should seek medical attention and then contact the park owner or operator, report the incident to the CPSC by calling 800-638-2772 or call the manufacturer.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.