The city of Columbus is helping residents beat the heat.
Four hydrants will be turned on between 1 and 4 p.m. Thursday as part of Operation Cool Down.
You can find the hydrants at:
- The Beatty Recreation Center on North Ohio Avenue.
- Driving Park on East Columbus Street.
- Linden Park on Briarwood Avenue.
- Westgate Park on Wicklow Road.
Seven public pools are open from 1:30 until 6:30 p.m.
The following pools have free admission with a department-issued Leisure Card:
- Dodge, 545 Sullivant Ave.
- Glenwood, 1925 W. Broad St.
- Lincoln, 1700 Ann St.
- Marion Franklin, 2699 Lockbourne Rd.
- Maryland, 1380 Atcheson St.
- Tuttle, 240 W. Oakland Ave.
- Windsor, 1300 Windsor Ave.
Residents can also visit the Columbus Recreation and Parks’ air-conditioned recreation centers.
The centers are open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The recreation centers are located:
- Beatty, 247 N. Ohio Ave.
- Carriage Place, 4900 Sawmill
- Dodge, 667 Sullivant Ave.
- Douglas, 1250 Windsor Ave.
- Gillie, 4625 Morse Centre
- Lazelle Woods, 8140 Sancus
- Linden, 1254 Briarwood Ave. (two rooms have air conditioning)
- Marion Franklin, 2801 Lockbourne
- Martin Janis, 600 E. 11th Ave.
- Sullivant Garden, 755 Renick St.
- Whetstone, 3923 N. High St.
- Woodward, 5147 Karl Rd.