From Giant Eagle by Eating Well
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black bean-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shao Hsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound salmon, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces mung bean sprouts, (6 cups)
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
Whisk water, vinegar, black bean-garlic sauce, rice wine (or sherry), cornstarch and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until combined.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts, scallions and the sauce mixture (the pan will be full). Cook, stirring, until the sprouts are cooked down and very tender, 2 to 3 minutes.