Health experts have a number of tips to keep you healthy while you cook-out during the summer.
Officials say that overcooking meat can release compounds that can be carcinogenic.
They provide the following tips to make your barbeque healthier.
- Wrap the meat in foil before grilling
- Don't char grill your food
- Opt for fish over red meat
- Use a marinade which will help protect your food
- Trim the fat off the meat or buy leaner cuts to prevent drippings
Watch 10TV and refresh 10tv.com for the latest news.