NEWARK, Ohio -
A Newark family is safe after their house caught on fire Wednesday night.
The Newark Advocate reports the fires started around 9:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of Oxford Downs Road.
Fire crews on the scene rescued two dogs from the home.
Investigators said the fire started in the garage and spread to the attic.
The four people who lived in the home are now staying with family members.
Officials said the home was a total loss.
Stay with 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for updates on this story.
©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.