- 3 asparagus spears or 12 snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 8 oz. crabmeat, any shells or cartilage removed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2-5 dash hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Place rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler.
Place asparagus (or snow peas) in a medium microwave-safe bowl with 1 teaspoon water. Cover and microwave until tender, about 30 seconds. Add crab, celery, bell pepper, scallion, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, hot sauce to taste and pepper; stir to combine.
Place English muffin halves, cut-side up, on a large baking sheet. Spread a generous 1/4 cup of the crab salad on each muffin half and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, 3 to 6 minutes.