Fire crews battled a blaze at the Germain Ford on Sawmill Road Thursday morning.
The fire was reported at the dealership, located at 7250 Sawmill Road., at about 11 a.m.
According to crews at the scene, the fire started in the service and parts area. All employees were evacuated.
Crews said that they believed the fire was accidental and that there was construction going on in the building at the time the fire sparked.
According to a company spokeswoman, the fire started in a vacant portion of the building. They hope to resume operations as soon as possible.
“If it was going to get out of control, we’re standing next to gas pumps. You know, that could have been big,” said Demetrius Brown, who witnessed the fire.
The fire was contained at about 11:50 a.m.
No one was injured in the fire.
It was unknown if any vehicles were being serviced at the time of the fire.
Crews said that the fire caused millions of dollars in damage.
“We’re fortunate it was contained to an area of the building they were working to demolish anyhow,” said owner Rick Germain.
Stay with 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.