Five People Escape Home After Furniture Lit On Fire


UPDATED: Wednesday March 20, 2013 7:05 AM

Five people escaped a house fire early Wednesday morning on Fornoff Road in South Columbus.

A teenager living inside the home says he spotted a bed bug on the couch and tried to use alcohol to kill it.

His grandmother then tried to light the bug on fire, which lit the couch on fire.

Two adults and three children made it out safely.

Most of the damage is to the rear of the house.

The fire is under investigation.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.