Family Escapes Early Morning Fire In West Columbus


UPDATED: Tuesday March 19, 2013 8:45 AM

A fire broke out at a home in the 2000 block of Sullivant Avenue in West Columbus around 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.

The Battalion Chief told 10TV the homeowners woke up to the sound of a smoke detector.

The woman and her brother were able to get out of the home safely. When firefighters arrived, they went to the basement to rescue the dog.

Fire investigators report that the blaze started in the chimney which was in need of maintenance.

The damage to the home was estimated at $5,000.

Stay with 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for updates on this story.


©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.