4 Children, 2 Adults Escape Fire At Home

UPDATED: Friday January 25, 2013 7:39 AM

Six people, including four children, had to escape a fire at their home Friday morning around 6:30 a.m.

The fire started in the kitchen at the residence at 1151 S. Champion Avenue.

The family was asleep, but smoke detectors alerted them to the fire.

The damage was limited to the kitchen area, according to firefighters. There were no injuries reported.

The Red Cross will assist the family with temporary housing.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for the latest information.

©2016 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.