Girl, 12, Wakes Parents In Time To Escape House Fire


UPDATED: Thursday December 13, 2012 8:25 AM

A family of three was forced from a home by a fire.

A 12-year-old girl awoke to the smell of smoke inside the Poplar Street home around 10:20 p.m. Wednesday.

The girl awoke her parents and all were able to escape without injury. One of the adults in the home said that he believed it was a chimney fire.

The blaze spread to the roof and back of the home. The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

 

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.