Four cottages were damaged by fire at a historic Lancaster neighborhood Thursday night.
Fire officials told 10TV the flames started in a vacant cottage at the Lancaster Camp Ground.
The fire spread to four other cottages.
"It's frightening. We've got cottages here built in the 19th century." Lancaster Camp Ground manager Kermit Welty said. "So you've got wood that is really kindled, really dry. A major concern. Cottages going up in flames. This is our worst nightmare."
Two cottages were destroyed. Two more were damaged.
No one was inside the cottages when the fire sparked off of Fair Avenue, but two families did live in two of the cottages.
Fire officials said they could not stay in their homes Thursday night.
A firefighter suffered minor injuries while fighting the fire.
According to its website, the Lancaster Camp Ground was founded in 1878 and contains multiple historic buildings including a hotel.
The cause of the fire was not immediately available.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.