Mother, Child Saved From Fire By Neighbor


UPDATED: Wednesday October 10, 2012 1:37 PM

A man saved two people from a burning mobile home Wednesday morning in southeast Ohio, according to the state fire marshal.

Christopher Williams saw smoke coming from his neighbor's mobile home on Fraley Drive and knocked on the doors to wake the family up.

Williams forced open a door to get the 20-year-old mother out of the fire, and he then went in and pulled out her 3-year-old child.

Authorities said the mobile home had smoke alarms, but they did not contain batteries.

Medical personnel checked out Williams, the mother, and the child but no one was hospitalized.

The home was completely destroyed.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental and started in the kitchen.

Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for the latest news.
 

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.