Residents Flee As Flames Overtake Galena Home


UPDATED: Tuesday October 9, 2012 8:30 AM

Residents were forced to flee a burning home early Tuesday morning.

When firefighters arrived at the Overbrook Lane home around 2:30 a.m. they could see smoke and flames pouring from the structure.

At least two people inside the home at the time of the blaze escaped without injury. Fire investigators believed the flames started near the chimney of the home.

Hydrants in the area were limited so crews had to truck in thousands of gallons of water to fight the flames. The blaze was contained in nearly two hours.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.
 

©2014 by 10TV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.