Fennel & Orange Salad with Toasted Pistachios
From Giant Eagle
The salty, rich taste of toasted, chopped pistachios is the perfect accent to the sweet fennel and tangy citrus flavors of this elegant salad.
• 2 each navel oranges, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1 fennel, quartered, cored and very thinly sliced crosswise (about 2 1/2 cups)
• 1 cup very thinly sliced radishes (about 8 radishes) or diced peeled jicama (see Ingredient note)
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
• 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or pistachio oil
• 1 fresh lime juice
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 6 Tbsp. shelled salted pistachio nuts , toasted and chopped
Combine orange slices, fennel, radishes (or jicama), cilantro, oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a decorative bowl. Gently toss to mix. Just before serving, sprinkle nuts over salad.