Chillicothe firefighters said on Tuesday that a home improvement project was to blame for a house fire that killed several family pets.
Investigators said that that a contractor was using a torch during a bathroom project when the fire started at the home on Cedar Street In Chillicothe.
Three people in the home got out safely.
Firefighters were able to rescue two cats and administered oxygen to at least one of them.
Six other cats could not be rescued and died in the fire.
The damage is estimated at 40,000.
Watch 10TV and refresh 10TV.com for updates.