Investigators said that there were no working smoke detectors inside a west side home that caught fire early Tuesday morning.
Family members said that they smelled smoke and heard electricity flicker at around 2 a.m., inside the home, located along Wisconsin Avenue.
All three people inside the home were able to escape without injury, 10TV’s Shayla Reaves reported. Firefighters said that the family was lucky to have heard signs of the fire because flames were trapped inside the walls.
Investigators said that they did not believe the fire was suspicious. The American Red Cross was called to assist the family because electricity to the home was shut off, Reaves reported.
The total amount of damage to the home was not immediately known.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.