A letter from a teenager at the center of the Craigslist slaying investigation shed new light on the case on Tuesday.
Brogan Rafferty, 16, asked for his father’s forgiveness in the letter, 10TV’s Chuck Strickler reported.
Rafferty was taken into custody in connection with the attempted murder of a man who responded to a Craigslist advertisement for a job.
“I’m sorry I put you in this position and I hope you can forgive me,” Rafferty wrote in his letter. “From what I hear, it’s not looking good for me. They’re more concerned with hanging me than helping me.”
Rafferty appeared in court on Tuesday, facing four charges in the alleged robbery and murder scheme.
Rafferty’s charges are connected to two victims, one who died along a rural Noble County road and another who was shot but survived.
Since then, the bodies of two other men were found and might be victims of the alleged scheme.
Ron Sanson said he responded to the phony ad and was interviewed at an Akron mall by Richard Beasley, who is also allegedly involved in the scheme.
“He met with four other guys that day at that mall when I met him there,” Sanson said.
Sanson said that Beasley told him that more than one hundred people responded to the ad.
Sanson said that he never followed up on the interview, and he is glad he did not.
Rafferty is still in jail. Beasley is also in jail, but on unrelated charges.
It will be at least two weeks before a judge is expected to decide if Rafferty will be charged as an adult on murder and attempted murder charges.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.