No. 15 Michigan (10-2, 6-2 Big Ten) 40, Ohio State (6-6, 3-5 Big Ten) 34
Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Nov. 26, 2011
OHIO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
• Ohio State is 15-4 in November games since the start of the 2005 season, including 8-2 on the road that month (not including 2010).
• The loss snapped a six-game Ohio State win streak against the Wolverines (not including 2010).
• Seniors Mike Brewster, Dan Herron, Andrew Sweat and Tyler Moeller were the captains in the game vs. Michigan.
• The Buckeyes and Wolverines met for the 108th time Saturday at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich.
• Michigan improved to 58-43-6 all-time vs. the Buckeyes.
• Freshman quarterback Braxton Miller notched career highs in total offense (335), completions (14) and passing yards (235) vs. the Wolverines, throwing 14-of-25 with two touchdowns and running for 100 yards for one touchdown.
• Miller’s 19-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was his team-high seventh rushing touchdown of the season. Miller has claimed all seven rushing touchdowns in the last five games.
• Miller’s six touchdown runs have all come in the last five games and now has had a touchdown run in five-consecutive games.
• Sophomore wide receiver Corey “Philly” Brown’s 54-yard touchdown reception in the team’s opening drive was a career long. The big play also was a career-long pass by Miller.
• Senior wide receiver DeVier Posey had three receptions for 58 yards and one touchdown.
• Miller has posted a touchdown pass in six of the last seven games and now has 10 touchdown passes on the season.
• Jake Stoneburner’s 36-yard reception in the fourth quarter marked a career long.
• Daniel “Boom” Herron’s four-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter was the 32nd rushing touchdown of his career.
• C.J. Barnett recorded a career-high 12 tackles
• Freshman linebacker Ryan Shazier had eight tackles in the game vs. the Wolverines.
• Simon claimed his team-high seventh sack of the season at the end of the first quarter. The junior defensive end claimed 1.5 tackles-for-loss and now has a team-high 15 tackles for loss.
• Travis Howard claimed the game’s first turnover in the second quarter on his second forced fumble and fumble recovery of the season. The Buckeye defense has forced nine fumbles in 2011.
• Junior linebacker Etienne Sabino tied his career high with eight tackles.
• 20 Buckeyes registered tackles in the game vs. Michigan.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Drew Basil was 2-of-2 in the game vs. the Wolverines, hitting from 45 yards and 21 yards. He is now 15-of-18 on the season.
• Junior punter Ben Buchanan had a 58-yard punt into the wind at the end of the first quarter to back Michigan up to its own 7-yard line (longest punt was at Miami – Sept. 17, 2011). Buchanan had two punts inside the Wolverine 10-yard line.