Some people raised questions on Wednesday, wondering how dozens of people could have been wrongfully included to a statewide sex offender registry.
Outdated and inaccurate information was put into the system by an outside company that helped run the registry, 10TV's Chuck Strickler reported.
It took more than two weeks to figure out what the problem was. The site was then shut down and fixed.
The state had been working to switch the entire registry operation over to a Louisiana company called Watch Systems.
In early October, the state said the company took control of the search operation of the registry and mistakenly put inaccurate information into the system for all to see, Strickler reported.
The state attorney general's office said the problem was a result of human error.
"There were probably hundreds, but we don't know exactly because we didn't take the time to go through the records individually," said Steven Raubenolt, Deputy Superintendent of BC&I.
Members of the group 'Families Against the Registry' said they were concerned that people who were no longer required to register were listed again during the glitch.
"Watch Systems and the Ohio Attorney General do not seem to care that when you list a man on the registry, his wife and children suffer," said Ellen Shores of Families Against the Registry.
"Obviously we are sorry this happened. As I said, we don't want bad or inaccurate data being displayed to the public," said Raubenolt.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.