It is not clear what sparked a fire Thursday night at a historic theater in Ross County.
The blaze began at about 8:30 p.m. during a Gospel concert performance at the Majestic Theatre, 10TV's Tino Ramos reported.
Witnesses said there was a crowd of about 150 people inside the venue when the curtains near the stage caught fire and ash began falling from the ceiling.
SLIDESHOW: Theater Fire
"(We were) sitting backstage and noticed the wall across from us was glowing," said performer Casey Rivers. "I looked to my left and the back curtain was just totally engulfed in flames."
Fire crews arrived and contained the fire a short time later.
Two people were hospitalized on Thursday night after suffering smoke inhalation, 10TV News reported.
Both were expected to be OK.
Investigators were expected to return to the theater on Friday to examine the cause of the fire.
Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.
November 4, 2010: Firefighters Battle Blaze At Chillicothe Theatre