10TV News Anchor/Reporter
Tracy Townsend co-anchors the 5:30 p.m. edition of 10TV News. She also anchors 10TV's noon newscasts.
Townsend grew up in Cincinnati and is a graduate of The Ohio State University. Before joining WBNS-TV, Tracy worked at WBBM-TV in Chicago, KCTV in Kansas City and WKRC-TV in Cincinnati.
Tracy is leading 10TV’s coverage of Campaign 2012: Race for the White House. She has scored interviews with President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
Townsend, an Emmy award-winning anchor, leads the station's coverage of children's health issues in 10TV's Pediatric Healthsource segments. She reports on the latest breakthrough treatments and health trends from the experts at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Tracy is an active graduate member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ). She is also active in the Columbus chapter of The Links, Inc., a national women's service organization.
Tracy writes a monthly column in Columbus Parent magazine called "Take it from Tracy." It is a practical and humorous look at issues for parents working hard to raise well-educated and well-rounded children.
Tracy, her husband, Murvin Enders, and their son, Ian, are proud to call Columbus their "adopted" hometown.
Recent articles by Tracy Townsend
- New study reveals odds of surviving colon cancer
- Nationwide Children's Hospital introduces AsthmaCare app
- Race for the Cure: Brittany Beitel
- E-cigarettes pose severe risks to children, study finds
- Man taking care of three family members battling cancer
- Lawmaker wants to change breast & cervical cancer project
- Ohio State's barbell medicine program will get you lifting the right way