Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist/Reporter
Josh Poland says he is more than excited to return to Columbus and join the station he grew up watching.
Poland was born in Pittsburgh, but was raised on the east side of Columbus, attending Liberty Christian Academy.
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Ohio University, studying both meteorology and journalism, Josh landed his first TV job at WLIO in Lima, Ohio.
Poland did everything in Lima, from forecasting to reporting to anchoring and producing. He received several awards for his work there, including Best Weather (Associated Press, small market), Best Reporter in Ohio (AP, small market) and Best Investigative Report (AP, small market).
Josh said that while handling several positions in Lima was fun, he felt ready for a new challenge and headed to KRDO in Colorado Springs in 2008.
He said that the wild weather in Colorado (winter weather advisories and tornado warnings on the same day made him a more well-rounded forecaster, but the desire for him to return to his Buckeye roots was too strong to pass up.
Josh will now be using his forecasting skills for the Doppler 10 team weekend mornings.
Recent articles by Josh Poland
- Pedestrian Hit By Car In Columbus
- Billboard Sparks Conversation And Police Frustration
- Mother Speaks Out About Alleged Abuse By Chess Instructor
- AEP Restores Power To Thousands Following Massive Fire
- Students March To Save Sports And Activities
- Utica Students Charged After Threatening To ‘Cut The Throats’ Of Faculty Members
- BBB Issues Warning About Local Contractor
- Family Waiting For Justice 10 Months After Deadly Crash
- OSU Police Search For Man Exposing Himself On Campus Buses
- Forecast: Showers & Thunderstorms Continue Into The Evening
- South Columbus Shooting Victim Remembered As Inspiration
- Bexley Pushes Ahead With Legislation Protecting LGBT Community
- Three More Potential Victims Come Forward Against Rausenberg
- More Than 130 Dogs Rescued From Filthy Conditions In Mechanicsburg
- Lake White Also In Need Of Repair After Experiencing Dam Issues
- Newark City Council Votes Down Changes To Breed Language Laws
- City Of Dublin Forces Officer Battling Breast Cancer To Pay Insurance Premiums
- New Ohio High Water Law Would Bring Stiff Penalties
- More Sunshine & Warmer Temperatures This Week
- Southern Ohio Residents Crave Spring Amid Another Round Of Heavy Snow
- 'Hero' 4-Year-Old Saves Family From House Fire In Marion
- Pedestrian Struck & Killed At Intersection Of Morse Rd. & Cleveland Ave.