Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist/Reporter
Josh Poland says he is more than excited to return to Columbus and join the station he grew up watching.
Poland was born in Pittsburgh, but was raised on the east side of Columbus, attending Liberty Christian Academy.
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Ohio University, studying both meteorology and journalism, Josh landed his first TV job at WLIO in Lima, Ohio.
Poland did everything in Lima, from forecasting to reporting to anchoring and producing. He received several awards for his work there, including Best Weather (Associated Press, small market), Best Reporter in Ohio (AP, small market) and Best Investigative Report (AP, small market).
Josh said that while handling several positions in Lima was fun, he felt ready for a new challenge and headed to KRDO in Colorado Springs in 2008.
He said that the wild weather in Colorado (winter weather advisories and tornado warnings on the same day made him a more well-rounded forecaster, but the desire for him to return to his Buckeye roots was too strong to pass up.
Josh will now be using his forecasting skills for the Doppler 10 team weekend mornings.
Recent articles by Josh Poland
- More Than 130 Dogs Rescued From Filthy Conditions In Mechanicsburg
- Lake White Also In Need Of Repair After Experiencing Dam Issues
- Newark City Council Votes Down Changes To Breed Language Laws
- City Of Dublin Forces Officer Battling Breast Cancer To Pay Insurance Premiums
- New Ohio High Water Law Would Bring Stiff Penalties
- More Sunshine & Warmer Temperatures This Week
- Southern Ohio Residents Crave Spring Amid Another Round Of Heavy Snow
- 'Hero' 4-Year-Old Saves Family From House Fire In Marion
- Pedestrian Struck & Killed At Intersection Of Morse Rd. & Cleveland Ave.
- Reynoldsburg Police Hunt For Cop Impersonator Who Swiped Cell Phones In Elaborate Scheme
- Family Wanted Harsher Sentence For Teen That Caused Crash Which Killed 3
- Police Search For Suspects After Couple Is Found Dead Inside Burned Vehicle In Coshocton County
- Homicide Investigators Looking Into Toddler's Injuries
- Columbus Gears Up For NHL's All-Star Weekend
- Lingering Light Snow And Flurries This Morning
- Wind Chill Warnings And Advisories Continue Today
- Wind Chill Advisories And Warnings Wednesday Morning
- Central Ohio Digs Out From First Snow Of 2015
- Family Members Say Body Of Shasta Himelrick Found In Ross County
- Still No Sign Of Missing Ross County Pregnant Woman, Search Called Off Overnight