Karina Nova is an Emmy winning journalist who serves as the weekend anchor and a general assignment reporter for 10TV News HD.
Since her start at 10TV in 2006, Karina has covered big stories, including the Chardon High School shootings, the Zanesville Animal Escape and the 2012 Train Derailment, for which she won an Emmy. Karina also enjoys being the 10TV spokesperson for the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks. She encourages everyone to visit the 17 parks we are lucky to have in Central Ohio.
The Kent State University graduate spent the early years of her life growing up in Baku, the capitol of Azerbaijan, near the Caspian Sea. At age 8, she and her family moved to Ashtabula, Ohio.
While at Kent State, Nova was an anchor and producer at TV2 News, a station in Portage County. She also anchored and reported for the Emmy nominated show NewsOhio, a program that aired across northeast Ohio PBS stations that helped teach civics to students. Karina also completed internships at C-SPAN, the Voice of America and in Sen. George Voinovich's office in Washington D.C., which fueled her interest in politics.
Karina loves spending her time volunteering in the community, especially being a mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters. She is also on the board of the charity Fairy Goodmothers and a proud graduate of the FBI Citizens Academy. Fluent in Russian, Karina also loves the theater, exotic cuisine and racking up frequent flier miles. While on her traveling adventures, she's always happy to brag about Columbus, a place she calls "home".
Recent articles by Karina Nova
- Get Inspired to make art out of trees
- Going pro: Why it's a tough road ahead for high schoolers
- Travel sports: Finding the balance between success and injury
- Teen hopes to raise funds to buy new K9 for Chillicothe PD
- Get Inspired to Prune Your Trees
- Get Inspired to plant a garden
- The 5 hidden dangers in your home
- Get inspired to get out and smell the flowers
- Clippers home opener postponed due to weather
- Get Inspired to make your own compost