10 Investigates Reporter
WATCH NATHAN'S VIDEO BIO
Nathan Baca is a reporter with 10 Investigates. Nathan’s reports focus on rooting out local government corruption and waste as well as highlighting business abuses.
Nathan joined 10 Investigates from Las Vegas. He worked as an investigative reporter at KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate for Southern Nevada. His reports on the 2010 Senate Race between Harry Reid and Sharron Angle, abusive family court marshals, and the growing militia movement drew national news coverage.
Nathan started as a reporter in Palm Springs, California. His 45 part series, “The Octopus Murders,” exposed arms deals leading to conspiracies and assassinations. Nathan was among the first journalists to expose the inner workings of the Church of Scientology’s California headquarters and reveal confidential church doctrine.
Nathan was awarded multiple investigative Emmy Awards as well as the national 2013 Alfred I. DuPont – Columbia Silver Baton for in-depth coverage of the foreclosure crisis.
Nathan studied broadcasting at the University of La Verne near Los Angeles. He also competed at Oxford, Cambridge, and other international university for parliamentary style debate.
Nathan was born in Ventura, California. He loves Columbus for its vibrant city life, its beautiful river trails and welcoming residents. He’s a nerd who thought he’d be an astronomer, cartographer or history teacher as a child. Nathan loves hiking, tech gadgets and will debate anyone who doesn’t believe Miles Davis was the greatest musician who ever lived.
Recent articles by Nathan Baca
- Ohio Latinos Optimistic About Immigration Changes
- Top Lobbyist Owes Several Years Back Taxes
- Neighbors Rushed Into Home To Save 2 Trapped In Exploded House
- VA Secretary Commitment On Backlog Falling Short
- Congressman: Ohio Needs 'Use It Or Lose It' Legislation To Fix Food Assistance Program
- Feds Demand New Answers On Alleged Toxic Turf
- DUI Attorney Explores J.T. Barrett’s Legal Options
- The Trouble With Turf: 10 Investigates Uncovers Impact Dangers
- Schools Often In Dark About Fired Teacher Applicants
- Truth Test: Issue 3 Ad Grossly Overstates Economic Impact
- Truth Test: Columbus Zoo Claims Major Layoffs If Levy Fails
- Truth Test: The Debate Over Marijuana Candies
- 10 Investigates Discovers Families With Massive Food Benefit Balances
- New Details Emerge in Federal Attempted Bribery Scandal
- Truth Test: Marijuana Ad Claims Voters Are Being Tricked
- Truth Test: Zach Scott Ad Focusing On Recent Investigations
- Andrew Ginther Proposes New Columbus Ethics Rules
- Truth Test: Scott for Mayor and Issue 3's New Ads
- Columbus Tutoring Program Was Riddled With Fraud
- Claims of Extortion: Columbus Lobbyist Charged in Federal Probe
- College Campuses Report Sex Assaults Are Up
- Andrew Ginther: New City Council Ethics Rules Coming This Week
- City Employee Admits Wrongdoing In Mayor’s Homebuy; Will Keep Job
- State Failure Allowed Criminals In Classrooms, Foster System
- Vice President Biden Speaks At OSU On Sexual Assault Initiative
- Applications For Student Aid Coming Sooner Under New Proposal
- Ohio's Marijuana Ballot Measure May Limit Voter Choice
- Feds Subpoena Franklin County For Lobbyist Records
- Truth Test: Is ResponsibleOhio’s New Pro-Marijuana Ad Accurate?