Tanisha Mallett is an Emmy-Nominated journalist who joined the 10TV News team is October 2005. In her tenure at WBNS she has covered huge breaking news stories and her coverage of many of those stories has been featured on CNN and CNN's Headline News.
Tanisha is also the recipient of the 2014 Ohio SPJ Award for Best Education Issues Reporting: K-12
Before coming to WBNS-TV, Tanisha was a reporter/anchor for WTEN-TV in Albany, NY. Prior to that, she was an anchor at WHAG-TV in Hagerstown, MD. Tanisha began her broadcasting career as a news writer at WPIX-TV in New York City.
Tanisha is a member of the National Association of Professional Women, The National Association of Black Journalists and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
She dedicates much of her free time to mentoring young girls and serving as a speaker for organizations that encourage youth in the Columbus community. A native of Queens, New York, Tanisha earned a BA in Journalism from the University of Maryland at College Park.
Favorite CBS Program: NCIS and The Good Wife.
Role Model: Parents and my sister.
Hidden Talent: If I told you it wouldn't be hidden, now would it?
Anything else? I'm really enjoying Central Ohio but; you can take the girl out of New York you'll NEVER take the New York out of this girl!
Recent articles by Tanisha Mallett
- Parents Push For Ban Of Powdered Caffeine After Son’s Death
- Former Univ. Of Cincinnati Officer Had “Satisfactory” Reviews Prior To Shooting
- River Guides Canceling Trips Due To High Water
- Buckeye Lake Residents, Businesses Wondering What’s Next
- Flooding Information To Prevent, Minimize Damage To Property
- Ohio Historians Weigh In On Confederate Flag's History
- Accusers Say New Cosby Court Documents Prove Their Claims
- Columbus Minister Blinded By Thrown Rock Devastated By New Accidents
- Tanker Transport Company Involved In 10 Crashes Over Past Two Years
- Woman Gunned Down In East Columbus Parking Lot
- City Attempting To Help Families After Rec Center Temporarily Shuts Down
- Congregations Gather To Remember Victims Of Charleston Church Shooting
- FastPath Program Offers Free Training To Columbus Residents In Growing Fields
- War Veteran Says She Was Duped By Pastor Impostor
- People Line Up For Whitehall Reimbursement Program
- Vietnam Veteran To Receive High School Diploma
- Make-A-Wish Brings Splash Park To 8-Year-Old Girl
- Reynoldsburg Police Officer Fired Over Racially-Charged Social Media Posts
- Police Searching For Third Suspect In Robbery That Prompted School Lockdowns
- City Launches “Youth Employment Challenge” To Help Jobless Young Adults
- Reynoldsburg First Graders Meet Online Mentors For The First Time
- Columbus City Council Approves Plan To Widen Hard Road
- New House Bill Would Provide Life-Saving Care To Pets In Emergency Situations
- Author Hopes To Boost Girls’ Self-Esteem