Laura Borchers joined WBNS-10TV with a strong familiarity of central Ohio. She is an alumnus of The Ohio State University and has worked in Columbus before.
Laura was born in Russia - Ohio, that is. From one of the Buckeye state's smallest high schools, she chose one of the nation's largest universities. Laura studied in the Thompson Library, visited Mirror Lake and filed into the Horseshoe at The Ohio State University.
"I was blessed with some of the most talented and patient teachers Ohio has to offer at Russia High School. The base for my journalism career was born there and took shape at OSU," Laura said. "It was my experiences interning for a Columbus news station that solidified my path into broadcast."
Over her years in the news business, Laura has written articles for web and newspaper, shot video, edited, reported and anchored. The Society of Professional Journalists award-winning writer began her television career in Dayton at WDTN, and continued on to Cincinnati's WLWT. Her general assignment storytelling spans from interviewing Jay Leno, riding along with police during a violent Cincinnati gang round-up, and following the recovery of a toddler after she received a heart transplant on Valentine's Day. Her favorite stories are those that touch your heart and make a difference. She was named one of "Cincinnati's most Interesting People" by Cincy Magazine in 2013.
Always dedicated to seeing a story to completion, Laura suddenly began labor with her son in the middle of a broadcast in 2012 and finished her report before safely making it to the hospital in time for delivery! Now, healthy and beautiful son Griffin is a toddler. Husband Daniel, Griffin and Laura enjoy exploring all of Columbus's parks and river walks. Some of those strolls end at Graeter's and Jeni's Ice Cream shops.
Community involvement is Laura's passion. She's helped out with numerous organizations including school tutoring, Helping Hand for the Holidays, Jackets for Jackets, and Make-A-Wish Foundation. She's dedicated time supporting Alzheimer's projects and cancer research. A runner, Laura has taken part in road races including the Turkey Trot, Angel Run, Flying Pig Marathon and Columbus Marathon. Plus, she enjoys chatting with the girls in her book and coffee clubs.
Recent articles by Laura Borchers
- Ohio State University Welcomes New President
- Burglar Uses Garage Door Openers to Break Into West Columbus Homes
- Cleanup Efforts Begin After Strong Storms Damaged Homes & Cars In North Columbus
- Police Searching For Shooter, Motive After Deadly Home Invasion In South Columbus
- Mansfield Pair Facing A Slew of Charges After Kidnapping Child For Drug Money, Leading Police On Two Chases
- Mother Searches For Answers After Fatal Teen Stabbing
- Hilliard-Bradley Students Rescue Driver Trapped In Burning Vehicle
- Weather Woes Sack Half Of Ohio Wesleyan Football Team In Columbus During Trip To Italy
- Armed Homeowner Fatally Shoots Burglar During Break-In
- Columbus Man Pleads Not Guilty In Shooting Death Of Child
- Stalking Unmasked: Increase In Cases Across Columbus Prompts Police Action
- String Of Tire-Slashings In Strawberry Farms Worrying Some Residents
- Robber Attacks Columbus Hotel Clerk As Cameras Roll
- Victim In East Columbus Home Invasion Says His Child Witnessed Attack
- Dublin Police Warn Of Tax Scam Targeting Immigrants