Laura Borchers joined WBNS-10TV with a strong familiarity of central Ohio. She is an alumnus of The Ohio State University and has worked in Columbus before.
Laura was born in Russia - Ohio, that is. From one of the Buckeye state's smallest high schools, she chose one of the nation's largest universities. Laura studied in the Thompson Library, visited Mirror Lake and filed into the Horseshoe at The Ohio State University.
"I was blessed with some of the most talented and patient teachers Ohio has to offer at Russia High School. The base for my journalism career was born there and took shape at OSU," Laura said. "It was my experiences interning for a Columbus news station that solidified my path into broadcast."
Over her years in the news business, Laura has written articles for web and newspaper, shot video, edited, reported and anchored. The Society of Professional Journalists award-winning writer began her television career in Dayton at WDTN, and continued on to Cincinnati's WLWT. Her general assignment storytelling spans from interviewing Jay Leno, riding along with police during a violent Cincinnati gang round-up, and following the recovery of a toddler after she received a heart transplant on Valentine's Day. Her favorite stories are those that touch your heart and make a difference. She was named one of "Cincinnati's most Interesting People" by Cincy Magazine in 2013.
Always dedicated to seeing a story to completion, Laura suddenly began labor with her son in the middle of a broadcast in 2012 and finished her report before safely making it to the hospital in time for delivery! Now, healthy and beautiful son Griffin is a toddler. Husband Daniel, Griffin and Laura enjoy exploring all of Columbus's parks and river walks. Some of those strolls end at Graeter's and Jeni's Ice Cream shops.
Community involvement is Laura's passion. She's helped out with numerous organizations including school tutoring, Helping Hand for the Holidays, Jackets for Jackets, and Make-A-Wish Foundation. She's dedicated time supporting Alzheimer's projects and cancer research. A runner, Laura has taken part in road races including the Turkey Trot, Angel Run, Flying Pig Marathon and Columbus Marathon. Plus, she enjoys chatting with the girls in her book and coffee clubs.
Recent articles by Laura Borchers
- Felony Charges Eyed After Second Bomb Threat This Week To Watkins Memorial
- SWAT Team Busts Meth Lab In East Columbus
- Man Pleads Guilty To Killing Father After Crime Spree
- Timmy Strong: Worthington Students Rally Around 5-Year-Old Battling Kidney Cancer
- Police Match DNA, Charge Man In Brutal Rape & Assault Of 81-Year-Old Woman
- Quick-Acting Daycare Owner Comforted Frightened Children During Wednesday’s Deadly Shootings
- Three More Potential Victims Come Forward Against Rausenberg
- 911 Calls Indicate Wide Spread Damage From Upper Arlington House Explosion
- 6 Upper Arlington Homes Ruled Not Safe To Live In Following Weekend Explosion
- Man Shot After Leaving Barbecue For Supplies, Police Say He Tried To Rob A Home
- Firefighters Stress Importance Of Smoke Detectors Amid A Spate Of Fires In Southwest Columbus
- Man Suspected In Rape Of 12-Year-Old Has Extensive Criminal Background
- Athens County Residents Continue To Dig Out From Snow, Ice
- Columbus Crew Announce Stadium Naming Rights
- Mistaken Identity May Have Been Factor In Fatal Stabbing Of Columbus State Student