Laura Borchers joined WBNS-10TV with a strong familiarity of central Ohio. She is an alumnus of The Ohio State University and has worked in Columbus before.
Laura was born in Russia - Ohio, that is. From one of the Buckeye state's smallest high schools, she chose one of the nation's largest universities. Laura studied in the Thompson Library, visited Mirror Lake and filed into the Horseshoe at The Ohio State University.
"I was blessed with some of the most talented and patient teachers Ohio has to offer at Russia High School. The base for my journalism career was born there and took shape at OSU," Laura said. "It was my experiences interning for a Columbus news station that solidified my path into broadcast."
Over her years in the news business, Laura has written articles for web and newspaper, shot video, edited, reported and anchored. The Society of Professional Journalists award-winning writer began her television career in Dayton at WDTN, and continued on to Cincinnati's WLWT. Her general assignment storytelling spans from interviewing Jay Leno, riding along with police during a violent Cincinnati gang round-up, and following the recovery of a toddler after she received a heart transplant on Valentine's Day. Her favorite stories are those that touch your heart and make a difference. She was named one of "Cincinnati's most Interesting People" by Cincy Magazine in 2013.
Always dedicated to seeing a story to completion, Laura suddenly began labor with her son in the middle of a broadcast in 2012 and finished her report before safely making it to the hospital in time for delivery! Now, healthy and beautiful son Griffin is a toddler. Husband Daniel, Griffin and Laura enjoy exploring all of Columbus's parks and river walks. Some of those strolls end at Graeter's and Jeni's Ice Cream shops.
Community involvement is Laura's passion. She's helped out with numerous organizations including school tutoring, Helping Hand for the Holidays, Jackets for Jackets, and Make-A-Wish Foundation. She's dedicated time supporting Alzheimer's projects and cancer research. A runner, Laura has taken part in road races including the Turkey Trot, Angel Run, Flying Pig Marathon and Columbus Marathon. Plus, she enjoys chatting with the girls in her book and coffee clubs.
Recent articles by Laura Borchers
- Columbus Crew Announce Stadium Naming Rights
- Mistaken Identity May Have Been Factor In Fatal Stabbing Of Columbus State Student
- Man Injured When Jumping From Burning Columbus Apartment Building
- $1 Million Bond Set For Terrorism Suspect Who Had Traveled To Syria
- Woman Shoots And Kills Suspected Burglar
- Suspect Injured In Officer-Involved Shooting In West Columbus
- Police Look For Answers After Fatal Stabbing In Columbus
- Woman Injured In 'Suspicious' West Columbus Fire
- Businesses Say North Columbus After-Hours Club Busted By Police Was a Nuisance
- Family Mourns Loss Of Horses, Dogs In New Albany Barn Fire
- Homicide Investigators Looking Into Toddler's Injuries
- Prayer Breakfast Honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Hostage Free, Suspects In Custody After Marysville Stand-Off
- Ohio State Fans Rush To Get Championship Merchandise
- Central Ohio Residents Brave The Cold For Work, School
- Central Ohio Digs Out From First Snow Of 2015
- Investigation Continues After 14-Month-Old Found Dead In Creek
- Famous Ohio Deli Destroyed By Fire
- Still No Sign Of Missing Ross County Pregnant Woman, Search Called Off Overnight
- Gas Prices Dip Below $2 A Gallon Across Central Ohio
- WWII Uniform Stolen From Marysville Family
- Most Packages Safe Following Whitehall Post Office Fire
- Newark Man Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself