Kevin Landers was born and raised in Beaverton, Ore.
He was recently nominated for three Ohio regional Emmy's for his reporting in 2013.
Landers' television career began at WHIZ-TV in Zanesville. He was the weekend sports anchor, news reporter and part-time weather anchor. From there, it was off to the west coast to Eureka, Calif., where he ditched the idea of becoming a sportscaster and entered into the full-time world of television news.
Kevin then moved to KBCI in Boise, Idaho. He was the weekend anchor and producer. After two years in Idaho, he moved to KHBS in Fort Smith, Ark. Little did he know at the time, but the governor would eventually become the president of the U.S.
A few years later, Landers moved to the sunny beaches of Santa Maria, Calif., to be a reporter for the CBS affiliate, KCOY. He then packed his bags and moved south to Fresno, Calif., to work as a reporter for KJEO-TV. New opportunities arose, so Kevin headed back to Ohio.
This time, he had a chance to be a part of a new news operation as a reporter at WXIX-TV, the first FOX affiliate in Cincinnati, Ohio. The position eventually led to Kevin's current position as a general assignment reporter at 10TV News. Kevin has been with WBNS-TV since October 1999.
Landers received a 2005 Edward R. Murrow Award and a 2006 First Place Associated Press Spot News Award. His other awards include:
Ohio Valley Emmy General Assignment Reporting (2012)
Society of Professional Journalists First Place Spot News (2010)
Associated Press Second Place Best Writing (2009)
Ohio Valley Emmy Award General Assignment Reporting (2008)
His hobbies include weightlifting, travel and cheering for the Oregon Ducks and the Ohio State Buckeyes. Kevin attended the University of Oregon.
Recent articles by Kevin Landers
- 55-Year-Old Rushville Woman ID’d As Victim Of Suspected Botulism Outbreak
- Reynoldsburg Couple Facing New Charges In Plot To Lure Women Into Sexual Slavery
- Columbus Man Pleads Not Guilty to Plotting Military Base Attack
- Drivers Fume After Columbus BP Station Had Water In Gas Tanks
- Police: In Wake Of Arizona Case, Cruisers Can Be Used As Lethal Force If Situation Warrants
- Ohio State Student With Famous Name Wishes People Would Remember Her For Something Else
- Lion Seized From Animal Sanctuary Euthanized By State
- Exotic Animal Owner Battles State To Get Bears, Tigers Back At Animal Sanctuary
- Capital University Suspends Student For Allegedly Recording In Dorm Bathrooms
- Son Of Former OSU Hoops Star Jim Jackson Looks To Shine Against Duke
- Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act May Help Columbus Lure Business From Hoosier State
- Lancaster Man Charged In Death Of Wife Pleads Not Guilty
- Ohio State Researchers Creating Underwater Robots For Science
- Body Found Along I-71 At Polaris Appears To Be Missing Man
- MedFlight Set To Launch Mobile App To Reduce Medic Response Times
- March Madness Means Millions For Columbus
- Residents Push To Save Buckeye Lake And Fix Failing Dam
- Columbus Fire Prepares To Roll Out New Robot That Defuses Bombs
- Ohio Troopers On The Hunt For Suspect In Deadly Madison County Hit & Run
- Columbus Police Adding Diversity & Inclusion Liaison Officers To Close Cultural Gap
- Parents Claim Nationwide Children’s Hospital Violated Rights After Reporting Alleged Abuse
- Frigid Temps Outside No Sweat For Those Who Make A Living In The Cold
- Senate Bill Would Protect Ohio Firefighters From On-The-Job Cancer
- Cause Of Marion Mobile Home Fire That Killed 3-Year-Old Remains A Mystery
- Ohio Agencies Looking To Fly Drones On The Increase
- Police Attempted To Locate Driver With Alzheimer’s Before Deadly Wrong-Way Crash On 670
- School Officials Express Concern After Suicides At Jonathan Alder
- Ohio Murder Suspect Arrested In Arizona
- Governor Kasich Unveils $500 Million In Tax Cuts During Budget Address
- Businesses Say North Columbus After-Hours Club Busted By Police Was a Nuisance
- Department Of Agriculture Outlines Reasons For Seizing Exotic Animals From Toledo Farm
- Judge Rules That Exotic Animals Must Be Returned To Northwest Ohio Farm
- New IKEA Brings Concerns Over Traffic Congestion Near Polaris