Kevin Landers was born and raised in Beaverton, Ore.
He was recently nominated for three Ohio regional Emmy's for his reporting in 2013.
Landers' television career began at WHIZ-TV in Zanesville. He was the weekend sports anchor, news reporter and part-time weather anchor. From there, it was off to the west coast to Eureka, Calif., where he ditched the idea of becoming a sportscaster and entered into the full-time world of television news.
Kevin then moved to KBCI in Boise, Idaho. He was the weekend anchor and producer. After two years in Idaho, he moved to KHBS in Fort Smith, Ark. Little did he know at the time, but the governor would eventually become the president of the U.S.
A few years later, Landers moved to the sunny beaches of Santa Maria, Calif., to be a reporter for the CBS affiliate, KCOY. He then packed his bags and moved south to Fresno, Calif., to work as a reporter for KJEO-TV. New opportunities arose, so Kevin headed back to Ohio.
This time, he had a chance to be a part of a new news operation as a reporter at WXIX-TV, the first FOX affiliate in Cincinnati, Ohio. The position eventually led to Kevin's current position as a general assignment reporter at 10TV News. Kevin has been with WBNS-TV since October 1999.
Landers received a 2005 Edward R. Murrow Award and a 2006 First Place Associated Press Spot News Award. His other awards include:
Ohio Valley Emmy General Assignment Reporting (2012)
Society of Professional Journalists First Place Spot News (2010)
Associated Press Second Place Best Writing (2009)
Ohio Valley Emmy Award General Assignment Reporting (2008)
His hobbies include weightlifting, travel and cheering for the Oregon Ducks and the Ohio State Buckeyes. Kevin attended the University of Oregon.
Recent articles by Kevin Landers
- Heroin Epidemic: Addicts, Families Talk Candidly About Deadly Drug
- Unusual Anti-Drug Campaign Hopes To Draw Attention To Ohio’s Heroin Problem
- Grandview Heights Police Searching For Couple That Attempted to Kidnap 7-Year-Old Girl
- Man Escapes Burning Home By Jumping Out Second Story Window
- Ohio State Tapped To Spearhead Drone Research
- Private College Police Departments In Ohio Must Turn Over Records
- Family Of Man Shot By Police In Dayton Walmart Pushes For Change
- Ohio Lawmaker Wants Manufacturers To Alter Appearance Of Toy Guns
- Hilliard Police Honor 4-Year-Old Who Saved Mom's Life During Hatchet Attack
- 12 Years Later, Family Demands Answers Into Unsolved Murder In Chillicothe
- Seven Months After Tragedy, Lancaster Family Meets Recipient Of Son’s Heart Transplant
- New Bill Would Give Residents Input On Neighborhood Speed Limits
- Inspection Of Trees Before Storms Could Prevent Damage, Save Money
- Columbus Underground Tunnel Won’t Be Done Until Mid-2017
- Proposed House Bill Would Allow Holders To Carry Concealed Weapons More Public Places
- Police Charge Boyfriend With Murder In Girlfriend's Shooting Death
- Safety Training Pays Off For Daycare Near Massive South Columbus Fire
- Ohio State Drum Major Instructor Charged With Rape, Kidnapping Released On Bond
- Witnesses: Deadly Shooting Victim Attempted To Stop Fight
- 55-Year-Old Rushville Woman ID’d As Victim Of Suspected Botulism Outbreak
- Reynoldsburg Couple Facing New Charges In Plot To Lure Women Into Sexual Slavery
- Columbus Man Pleads Not Guilty to Plotting Military Base Attack
- Drivers Fume After Columbus BP Station Had Water In Gas Tanks
- Police: In Wake Of Arizona Case, Cruisers Can Be Used As Lethal Force If Situation Warrants
- Ohio State Student With Famous Name Wishes People Would Remember Her For Something Else
- Lion Seized From Animal Sanctuary Euthanized By State
- Exotic Animal Owner Battles State To Get Bears, Tigers Back At Animal Sanctuary
- Capital University Suspends Student For Allegedly Recording In Dorm Bathrooms
- Son Of Former OSU Hoops Star Jim Jackson Looks To Shine Against Duke
- Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act May Help Columbus Lure Business From Hoosier State
- Lancaster Man Charged In Death Of Wife Pleads Not Guilty
- Ohio State Researchers Creating Underwater Robots For Science
- Body Found Along I-71 At Polaris Appears To Be Missing Man
- MedFlight Set To Launch Mobile App To Reduce Medic Response Times
- March Madness Means Millions For Columbus
- Residents Push To Save Buckeye Lake And Fix Failing Dam
- Columbus Fire Prepares To Roll Out New Robot That Defuses Bombs
- Ohio Troopers On The Hunt For Suspect In Deadly Madison County Hit & Run