Maureen Kocot joined the 10TV News staff in 1995, and is an Emmy and Associated Press award-winning journalist.
Kocot's career at 10TV has taken her from the glamour of the red carpet at the Grammy Awards to the tragedy at Ground Zero. She grew up in Maryville, Ill., a small town not far from St. Louis.
She graduated from the University of Illinois in 1992, and worked as an anchor/reporter at WICD-TV in Champaign for three years before relocating to Columbus.
Kocot said that her parents are her role models. "My mom taught me about giving and my dad taught me to do it right the first time," she said.
Year Hired At 10TV: 1995.
First TV Appearance: Roller skating. The tape was destroyed. Trust me.
Dream Interview: Jack the Ripper, so we could solve the ultimate cold case.
Favorite CBS Program: CSI. Those guys could catch Jack the Ripper in one hour!
What I Wanted To Be Growing Up: A veterinarian.
News Philosophy: Everyone has a story and every story is someone's version of the truth.
Favorite Books: "The Time Traveler's Wife," "The Great Gatsby," "An American Tragedy."
Recent articles by Maureen Kocot
- 911 Call Reveals New Details In Madison Township Murder
- Columbus Police Working To ID Gym Stabbing Suspect
- Ohio Schools Using Training, Tech As Security Measures
- 8 Months Later, No One Charged In Grandview Heights Murder
- Man Behind Fairfield County SWAT Prank May Be Tied To Others
- Inside A House Fire: What You Need To Know To Survive
- Ohio SWAT Officers Test New Ammo That Limits Harm To Bystanders
- SWAT Raids Uncover Alleged Drug Trafficking Operation In South Columbus
- Child Dies Three Years After Babysitter Fed Her Methadone
- Columbus Police Officers Investigated For Excessive Speed
- Police Investigating Missing PTA Money From Westerville School
- Columbus Family Looks For Answers In The Wake Of Deadly Clintonville Shooting
- Columbus Police Commander Shocked Back To Life By Co-Workers
- Teen Clearing Driveways Dragged By Would-Be Thief Trying To Take 4-Wheeler
- Another Cold Snap Brings Water Main Concerns For City Crews
- Search For Suspects Continues After Mother Of 6 Shot To Death In East Columbus