Maureen Kocot joined the 10TV News staff in 1995, and is an Emmy and Associated Press award-winning journalist.
Kocot's career at 10TV has taken her from the glamour of the red carpet at the Grammy Awards to the tragedy at Ground Zero. She grew up in Maryville, Ill., a small town not far from St. Louis.
She graduated from the University of Illinois in 1992, and worked as an anchor/reporter at WICD-TV in Champaign for three years before relocating to Columbus.
Kocot said that her parents are her role models. "My mom taught me about giving and my dad taught me to do it right the first time," she said.
Year Hired At 10TV: 1995.
First TV Appearance: Roller skating. The tape was destroyed. Trust me.
Dream Interview: Jack the Ripper, so we could solve the ultimate cold case.
Favorite CBS Program: CSI. Those guys could catch Jack the Ripper in one hour!
What I Wanted To Be Growing Up: A veterinarian.
News Philosophy: Everyone has a story and every story is someone's version of the truth.
Favorite Books: "The Time Traveler's Wife," "The Great Gatsby," "An American Tragedy."
Recent articles by Maureen Kocot
- ‘Miracle Man’ Recovering From Serious Injuries Following Deadly Downtown Bus Crash
- Police Investigating Second Pedestrian Death This Year On U.S. 23 Near Circleville
- Notorious Milligan, Who Claimed Multiple Personalities Led Him To Crime, Dies At Central Ohio Hospital
- Columbus City Council Fights Liquor Permit Renewals For More Than Two Dozen Problem Establishments
- Columbus Teens Found Guilty Of Murder In 2013 Crime Spree
- Teen Accused In Fatal Shooting Faced Gun Charge In August
- Search Continues For Missing Ohio State Football Player
- Fire Officials Warn Of Danger When Frying Turkey
- Say Thanks: A Long Search Finally Ends
- Police Still Searching For Answers After Former Capital Sports Star Found Dead
- Home Health Care Worker Caught On Camera Stealing From Disabled Woman’s Purse
- Fire Investigators Probing Cause Of Destructive Fire At Ohio University
- Fire Safety: As Temps Plunge, The Risk Of A Fire In Your Home Skyrockets
- Police Say Dangers Lurk Behind Doors Which Don’t Provide Cover From Bullets
- Baltimore Cheerleader Case Reveals Social Double-Standard
- Murder Suspect Still On The Run From Columbus Police
- ICE’s Operation Predator App Features Former Hilliard Man Wanted For Sex Crimes
- Police Investigating Fatal Early Morning Crash On I-670
- Neighbors Credited With Alerting Sleepy Occupants During Weekend House Fire
- Fire Serves As A Reminder Of The Dangers Of Couches Left On Porches
- Central Ohio School Districts Consider Arming Teachers
- Reported Cases Of Child Enticements In Columbus Is On The Rise
- Home Of Missing Woman Goes Up In Flames Just Days After Her Disappearance
- Lancaster Man Arrested For Impersonating Officer After He Tries To Pull Over Real Cop
- Man Caught Committing Sex Act In Grandview Matches Description Of Serial Flasher
- Reynoldsburg Board Of Education, Union Head Back To Bargaining Table
- Westerville Youth Coach Accused Of Producing & Sharing Child Porn Faces Federal Charges
- 15-Year-Old Arrested Following Attempted Abductions In Pickerington
- Third Swatting Prank Call Reported In Central Ohio This Year
- Fairfield County Sheriff Issues Warning After Two Attempted Abductions In Pickerington