Maureen Kocot joined the 10TV News staff in 1995, and is an Emmy and Associated Press award-winning journalist.
Kocot's career at 10TV has taken her from the glamour of the red carpet at the Grammy Awards to the tragedy at Ground Zero. She grew up in Maryville, Ill., a small town not far from St. Louis.
She graduated from the University of Illinois in 1992, and worked as an anchor/reporter at WICD-TV in Champaign for three years before relocating to Columbus.
Kocot said that her parents are her role models. "My mom taught me about giving and my dad taught me to do it right the first time," she said.
Year Hired At 10TV: 1995.
First TV Appearance: Roller skating. The tape was destroyed. Trust me.
Dream Interview: Jack the Ripper, so we could solve the ultimate cold case.
Favorite CBS Program: CSI. Those guys could catch Jack the Ripper in one hour!
What I Wanted To Be Growing Up: A veterinarian.
News Philosophy: Everyone has a story and every story is someone's version of the truth.
Favorite Books: "The Time Traveler's Wife," "The Great Gatsby," "An American Tragedy."
Recent articles by Maureen Kocot
- Victim’s Family Struggling To Find Answers After Husband, Wife & Child Killed
- Law Enforcement Using Additional Explosive Sniffing Dogs For Saturday's Game
- Columbus City Council To Approve Plan To Stop Nuisance Properties
- Home Protection: Inexpensive Ways To Deter Home Burglars
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Honor Fallen K9 With Memorial Service
- Cyberbullying: Rules To Help Protect Your Children Online
- Reynoldsburg Teen Finds Razor Blade Stuffed Into Halloween Candy
- Franklin County Authorities Warn Parents Of Fugitive Sex Offenders
- Push To Protect Lancaster First Responders With Bulletproof Vests
- Columbus Police One Step Closer To Wearing Body Cameras
- Ohio Senate Votes To Cut Some Funding To Planned Parenthood
- Central Ohio Drone Operators Support Federal Registration
- Prosecutor: Caseworkers Made 9 Visits To Newark Home At Center Of Child Abuse Investigation
- Family Fights For New Domestic Violence Law After Loved Ones Death
- Dublin Police: Jogger Says She Was Grabbed By Man On Muirfield Drive
- Columbus Doctors Taking New Approach To Prevent Suicides
- No Alcohol Allowed On Arena District Streets Despite New Law
- Family Remembers Man Hit and Killed in West Columbus
- Vigil To Be Held For Man Killed In West Columbus Hit & Run
- Passenger Seriously Injured During Ambush On Pizza Delivery Driver
- Law Enforcement Using Social Media To Catch Criminals
- Ohio Lawmakers Work To Close Gender Pay Gap
- Survey: 1 in 4 College Women Report Unwanted Sexual Contact
- Ohio Board Adjusts Ballot Wording Of Pot Legalization Plan
- Fire Marshal: No Reason To Suspect Arson In Mad River Fire
- Newark ‘Fight Club’ Videos Spark Internet Outrage
- Columbus Police Debut New, Converted Helicopters
- Mystery At Buckeye Lake: Was An Alligator Really Spotted In The Water?
- Columbus Woman Who Killed Intruder Had Similar Case Before
- Stolen Equipment From Johnstown Archery Club Could Hold Up Annual Tournament