Maureen Kocot joined the 10TV News staff in 1995, and is an Emmy and Associated Press award-winning journalist.
Kocot's career at 10TV has taken her from the glamour of the red carpet at the Grammy Awards to the tragedy at Ground Zero. She grew up in Maryville, Ill., a small town not far from St. Louis.
She graduated from the University of Illinois in 1992, and worked as an anchor/reporter at WICD-TV in Champaign for three years before relocating to Columbus.
Kocot said that her parents are her role models. "My mom taught me about giving and my dad taught me to do it right the first time," she said.
Year Hired At 10TV: 1995.
First TV Appearance: Roller skating. The tape was destroyed. Trust me.
Dream Interview: Jack the Ripper, so we could solve the ultimate cold case.
Favorite CBS Program: CSI. Those guys could catch Jack the Ripper in one hour!
What I Wanted To Be Growing Up: A veterinarian.
News Philosophy: Everyone has a story and every story is someone's version of the truth.
Favorite Books: "The Time Traveler's Wife," "The Great Gatsby," "An American Tragedy."
Recent articles by Maureen Kocot
- Prosecutor: Olentangy Teacher Accused Of Rape Was ‘Master Manipulator’
- 64-Year-Old Walks Away With Only Minor Injuries After Slamming Into Moving Train
- Retired Westerville Firefighter Arrested With Son As Part Of Armed Robbery Bust
- Olentangy Teacher Accused Of Rape Had Marijuana Grow Operation In His Home
- Cold Case: Columbus Police Make Arrest For 2008 Murder Of Woman Found In Wishing Well
- Justice League Rallies Around Domestic Violence Victim
- Sister Of Billy Milligan Speaks Out On Upcoming Biopic Starring Leonardo DiCaprio
- Southern Ohio Counties Dig Out From Major Snowfall
- Several ATM Machines Seized In North Columbus As Part Of Money Laundering Investigation
- Mistaken Identity May Have Been Factor In Fatal Stabbing Of Columbus State Student
- $1 Million Bond Set For Terrorism Suspect Who Had Traveled To Syria
- Dozens Displaced By Suspicious East Columbus Apartment Fire
- Family Claims Missing Woman’s Husband Made Threats Before She Disappeared
- Parents Remain Divided Over Whether To Spank Or Not To Spank
- Sheriff Reminds Owners To Take Extra Care Of Pets During The Extreme Cold
- Prosecutors Say Man Had Been Driving Erratically For Miles Before Downtown Crash
- Lengthy Response Time To Weekend Fire In Franklin Township Exposes Shortage Of Manpower
- Gang Ringleader Shot And Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting
- Report: Carbon Monoxide Ruled Cause Of Death For 2 People In Muskingum County
- Columbus Police To Review Tactics In The Wake Of National Championship Celebrations
- Pickaway County Intersection Remains A Danger After Two Pedestrian Deaths
- Firefighters, Police Respond To Campus Celebrations After National Championship
- Columbus Police Deploys Extra Officers For National Championship Game
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye To City Engineer Killed In Downtown Crash
- Knife-Wielding Man Shot Dead At Port Columbus Had History Of Mental Illness, Violence
- Winter Safety: Avoiding Common Cold Weather Mistakes
- A Look Back: The 2014 Columbus Water Main Break
- Third Day Of Searching Ends Without Any Sign Of Missing Ross County Woman
- Search To Resume Wednesday For Missing Pregnant Woman In Ross County