Maureen Kocot joined the 10TV News staff in 1995, and is an Emmy and Associated Press award-winning journalist.
Kocot's career at 10TV has taken her from the glamour of the red carpet at the Grammy Awards to the tragedy at Ground Zero. She grew up in Maryville, Ill., a small town not far from St. Louis.
She graduated from the University of Illinois in 1992, and worked as an anchor/reporter at WICD-TV in Champaign for three years before relocating to Columbus.
Kocot said that her parents are her role models. "My mom taught me about giving and my dad taught me to do it right the first time," she said.
Year Hired At 10TV: 1995.
First TV Appearance: Roller skating. The tape was destroyed. Trust me.
Dream Interview: Jack the Ripper, so we could solve the ultimate cold case.
Favorite CBS Program: CSI. Those guys could catch Jack the Ripper in one hour!
What I Wanted To Be Growing Up: A veterinarian.
News Philosophy: Everyone has a story and every story is someone's version of the truth.
Favorite Books: "The Time Traveler's Wife," "The Great Gatsby," "An American Tragedy."
Recent articles by Maureen Kocot
- Lengthy Response Time To Weekend Fire In Franklin Township Exposes Shortage Of Manpower
- Gang Ringleader Shot And Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting
- Report: Carbon Monoxide Ruled Cause Of Death For 2 People In Muskingum County
- Columbus Police To Review Tactics In The Wake Of National Championship Celebrations
- Pickaway County Intersection Remains A Danger After Two Pedestrian Deaths
- Firefighters, Police Respond To Campus Celebrations After National Championship
- Columbus Police Deploys Extra Officers For National Championship Game
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye To City Engineer Killed In Downtown Crash
- Knife-Wielding Man Shot Dead At Port Columbus Had History Of Mental Illness, Violence
- Winter Safety: Avoiding Common Cold Weather Mistakes
- A Look Back: The 2014 Columbus Water Main Break
- Third Day Of Searching Ends Without Any Sign Of Missing Ross County Woman
- Search To Resume Wednesday For Missing Pregnant Woman In Ross County
- Columbus Police: Fake Guns Create Real Problems For Officers
- Pickaway County Launches Program To Make U.S. 23 Safer In The Wake Of Pedestrian Deaths
- ‘Miracle Man’ Recovering From Serious Injuries Following Deadly Downtown Bus Crash
- Police Investigating Second Pedestrian Death This Year On U.S. 23 Near Circleville
- Notorious Milligan, Who Claimed Multiple Personalities Led Him To Crime, Dies At Central Ohio Hospital
- Columbus City Council Fights Liquor Permit Renewals For More Than Two Dozen Problem Establishments
- Columbus Teens Found Guilty Of Murder In 2013 Crime Spree
- Teen Accused In Fatal Shooting Faced Gun Charge In August
- Search Continues For Missing Ohio State Football Player
- Fire Officials Warn Of Danger When Frying Turkey
- Say Thanks: A Long Search Finally Ends
- Police Still Searching For Answers After Former Capital Sports Star Found Dead
- Home Health Care Worker Caught On Camera Stealing From Disabled Woman’s Purse
- Fire Investigators Probing Cause Of Destructive Fire At Ohio University
- Fire Safety: As Temps Plunge, The Risk Of A Fire In Your Home Skyrockets
- Police Say Dangers Lurk Behind Doors Which Don’t Provide Cover From Bullets
- Baltimore Cheerleader Case Reveals Social Double-Standard
- Murder Suspect Still On The Run From Columbus Police