Jennifer Jarrell joined the 10TV News team as the station’s first Delaware County bureau reporter in October, 2012. She reports out of the This Week News offices in Lewis Center.
Jennifer considers the bureau reporter position a perfect fit: combining her passion for news and her familiarity with Delaware County. A resident of the county, she also previously worked for the Delaware County sheriff’s office, handling media and community relations for the department. In that role, she was able to learn a great deal about law enforcement, and better understand the issues and concerns of county residents.
Prior to moving to central Ohio, she spent more than four years as a reporter at WTVG in Toledo. There she covered many high-profile stories, but considers among the most memorable, the tornadoes that devastated a northwest Ohio community killing five people, and the kidnapping and murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchahan in southeastern Michigan. She also worked as a reporter in South Bend, Indiana and Zanesville.
She graduated with honors from E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University. It was during college she got her first taste of the news business, working at WOUB in Athens and completing multiple internships, including a stint with NBC’s Today Show.
Jennifer is advocate for victims of domestic violence and volunteers her time with CHOICES in Columbus. She is also involved in the Drug-Free Delaware coalition.
An Akron native, Jennifer and her husband now live in Westerville with their mini-dachshund, Noodle.
Recent articles by Jennifer Jarrell
- Central Ohio Police Adapting To 'Baiting' Tactics By The Public
- Hilliard Man Charged in Murder of Taxi Driver
- Police Look At Home Burglaries In Hilliard, Columbus That May Be Related
- Police Arrest Woman Who Used Nonprofit To Scam Businesses
- Developer, Residents Push for New Interchange in Delaware County
- Delaware County Woman Sentenced To 4 1/2 Years In Hit-And-Run Death Of DeSales Teacher
- AEP Using Helicopters to Install Transmission Line In Dublin Area
- 20 Reports Of Windows Being Shot Out In Southern Delaware County
- Westerville Police Arrest 4 People In Connection With Rash Of Robberies
- Franklin County Detectives Search For Murder Victim’s Vehicle
- Granville Police Arrest Man Accused of Breaking into Homes, Attacking Man
- Ohio State University Big Ten Championship Ring Stolen From Former Coach’s Daughter
- 6 Killed in Sunday Traffic Crashes; None Wearing Seat Belt