Jennifer Jarrell joined the 10TV News team as the station’s first Delaware County bureau reporter in October, 2012. She reports out of the This Week News offices in Lewis Center.
Jennifer considers the bureau reporter position a perfect fit: combining her passion for news and her familiarity with Delaware County. A resident of the county, she also previously worked for the Delaware County sheriff’s office, handling media and community relations for the department. In that role, she was able to learn a great deal about law enforcement, and better understand the issues and concerns of county residents.
Prior to moving to central Ohio, she spent more than four years as a reporter at WTVG in Toledo. There she covered many high-profile stories, but considers among the most memorable, the tornadoes that devastated a northwest Ohio community killing five people, and the kidnapping and murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchahan in southeastern Michigan. She also worked as a reporter in South Bend, Indiana and Zanesville.
She graduated with honors from E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University. It was during college she got her first taste of the news business, working at WOUB in Athens and completing multiple internships, including a stint with NBC’s Today Show.
Jennifer is advocate for victims of domestic violence and volunteers her time with CHOICES in Columbus. She is also involved in the Drug-Free Delaware coalition.
An Akron native, Jennifer and her husband now live in Westerville with their mini-dachshund, Noodle.
Recent articles by Jennifer Jarrell
- Suspect Being Questioned In Connection To 4 Deaths In Bucyrus
- Thieves Ransack Hilltop Church Sanctuary
- Dive Teams Recover Body Of Drowning Victim In Licking County Pond
- Lancaster Councilman Pushing For Repair Of Sidewalks
- Vigil Honors Teen Murdered 39 Years Ago
- Columbus Man Accused Of Raping Women He Met Online
- Powell Voters One Step Closer to Fighting Development at the Polls
- Lancaster Councilmen Oppose County Jail Site
- Reynoldsburg Teachers Vote to Authorize Strike
- Man Alleges Sexual Assault at Highbanks Metro Park
- Couple Pleads For Safe Return of Stolen Puppy
- Cost Of Union County Sewer Project Worries Residents
- Alleged Serial Robber Apprehended by Restaurant Employees
- Family Says Murder-Suicide Victim Was Trying To Leave Relationship
- Woman Hospitalized After Marysville House Fire
- Grandview Police Investigating Another Report Of Man Exposing Himself
- Convicted Felon Headed Back to Prison After Allegedly Touching Himself at Goodale Park
- Union County Family Killed in Colorado Plane Crash
- Consumer 10 Scam Alert: Man Poses as Cable Company Employee in Grandview
- Columbus City Attorney’s Office Searching for Nearly 120 Wanted on Child Endangering Warrants
- Some Bexley Residents Appealing Proposed Condominium Development
- Man Busted For Allegedly Stealing Books, Including Bible, From Westerville Church
- Murdered Central Ohio Cardiologist Remembered As Martyr
- Delaware Apartment Manager Indicted On Felony Forgery, Theft Charges
- Multiple Law Enforcement Agencies Test Their Skills During Active School Shooter Training
- Delaware County Law Enforcement Focus on Roadways During Operation Shield
- Dublin Lieutenant Investigated for Alleged Association with Felons Accused of Trafficking Drugs
- Former Ohio State University Engineering Professor Killed in I-71 Crash