Jennifer Jarrell joined the 10TV News team as the station’s first Delaware County bureau reporter in October, 2012. She reports out of the This Week News offices in Lewis Center.
Jennifer considers the bureau reporter position a perfect fit: combining her passion for news and her familiarity with Delaware County. A resident of the county, she also previously worked for the Delaware County sheriff’s office, handling media and community relations for the department. In that role, she was able to learn a great deal about law enforcement, and better understand the issues and concerns of county residents.
Prior to moving to central Ohio, she spent more than four years as a reporter at WTVG in Toledo. There she covered many high-profile stories, but considers among the most memorable, the tornadoes that devastated a northwest Ohio community killing five people, and the kidnapping and murder of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchahan in southeastern Michigan. She also worked as a reporter in South Bend, Indiana and Zanesville.
She graduated with honors from E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University. It was during college she got her first taste of the news business, working at WOUB in Athens and completing multiple internships, including a stint with NBC’s Today Show.
Jennifer is advocate for victims of domestic violence and volunteers her time with CHOICES in Columbus. She is also involved in the Drug-Free Delaware coalition.
An Akron native, Jennifer and her husband now live in Westerville with their mini-dachshund, Noodle.
Recent articles by Jennifer Jarrell
- Family Says Murder-Suicide Victim Was Trying To Leave Relationship
- Woman Hospitalized After Marysville House Fire
- Grandview Police Investigating Another Report Of Man Exposing Himself
- Convicted Felon Headed Back to Prison After Allegedly Touching Himself at Goodale Park
- Union County Family Killed in Colorado Plane Crash
- Consumer 10 Scam Alert: Man Poses as Cable Company Employee in Grandview
- Columbus City Attorney’s Office Searching for Nearly 120 Wanted on Child Endangering Warrants
- Some Bexley Residents Appealing Proposed Condominium Development
- Man Busted For Allegedly Stealing Books, Including Bible, From Westerville Church
- Murdered Central Ohio Cardiologist Remembered As Martyr
- Delaware Apartment Manager Indicted On Felony Forgery, Theft Charges
- Multiple Law Enforcement Agencies Test Their Skills During Active School Shooter Training
- Delaware County Law Enforcement Focus on Roadways During Operation Shield
- Dublin Lieutenant Investigated for Alleged Association with Felons Accused of Trafficking Drugs
- Former Ohio State University Engineering Professor Killed in I-71 Crash
- Defendant on Trial for Rape of Delaware County Girl in 1998
- Fairfield County Vet Sees Increase Of Pot Poisonings In Dogs
- Ross County Authorities Use Social Media to Get Information in Death Investigation
- Patient of Slain Cardiologist Says Doctor Saved His Life
- Delaware County Sheriff’s Office Investigating Hundreds of Prank Phone Calls
- Man Accused of Stabbing Ohio Wesleyan University Class President Speaks Out
- Brownfield Grants to be used to Redevelop Abandoned Properties
- Ohio Lawmakers Propose Vaccine Requirements for Children to Attend Daycare
- Drug Pipeline Extends From Detroit to Athens County
- Multiple Families Out of a Home after West Columbus Fire
- Columbus Police Search for Driver in Fatal Hit-Skip
- Multiple Thefts From Westerville Fire Station Prompts Investigation
- Continuing Feud, Social Media Posts May Have Led To Ohio Wesleyan Stabbing
- City of Columbus to Clear and Resurface Roughly 260 Alleys
- Alleged Misconduct Surfaces in Fired Delaware County Magistrate’s Past
- Perry County Judge Takes Court to the Classroom