Moderator of Capitol Square
Jim Heath covers major Ohio political and government news and moderates Capitol Square for 10TV.
Jim's insight into the 2012 presidential race earned him a spot on GQ's Top 5 political "Power List." The Washington Post also gave Jim their "Best Super Tuesday" Twitter ranking.
A native of Van Wert, Ohio, Jim majored in Broadcasting at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University in Tempe, Ariz.
Jim brings more than two decades of experience in television and political reporting to his position. Prior to joining 10TV, he served six years as the main anchor at the ABC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, S.C. He also worked as an anchor and reporter in southern Arizona.
Prior to his broadcasting career, Jim spent about a decade in the political arena serving in various capacities, including a five-year stint as a Congressional press secretary in Washington, D.C.
Besides earning two Emmy awards for his political reporting, Jim has also received the prestigious Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Television Political Journalism.
Jim regularly hosts and moderates live debates and forums on the air. He is also a frequent guest speaker at local organizations offering analysis and insight into the political arena.
Recent articles by Jim Heath
- Columbus Mother Worries Over Daughter’s Health After She’s Dropped From Insurance Coverage
- HHS Secretary Says Obamacare Should Be Judged On Performance, Not Politics
- Tow Truck Operators Call For Ohio Drivers To Respect Flashing Lights
- Ohio Community Names Byus A Hometown Hero
- Ban On Gay Marriage Upheld By Federal Appeals Court In Four States, Including Ohio
- Wojtanowski Removes Himself From Consideration To Lead Ohio Dems
- Ohio Democrats Plan To Rebuild From Ashes Of Election Night Defeat
- Sherrod Brown Supports Wojtanowski To Lead Democrats After Redfern Resigns
- Marijuana Supporters Hope Issue Will Soon Be On Ohio Ballot
- Ohio Democratic Chairman Lashes Out At Media Before Quitting
- Right To Die Could Emerge As Ohio Issue In 2016
- Fracking Evacuation Raises New Concerns In Ohio
- More Than A Dozen Gun Bills Await Lawmakers After Election
- Kasich Steers Away From Right As Election Day Nears
- Ohio Statehouse Examines Security In Wake Of Canada Shootings
- Two Weeks Before Election, Kasich Lands A Major Union Endorsement
- DeWine Defends Discipline For Employee Who Made Crude Statements Against Women
- Kasich & Obama Discuss Ebola Concerns In Ohio
- Ohio Senator Writes Off 'Stumbling' FitzGerald Campaign For Governor
- Ohio Congressman Says Ebola Patient Unable To Spread Virus In Ohio
- Brown Tells CDC That He Wants Team Of Infection Workers Available For Ohio
- Portman Urges Ohioans To Remain Calm As Ebola Scare Hits Ohio
- All Eyes On One Ohio Judge For Next Step In Marriage Debate
- Ex-Death Row Inmate Hopes His Story Will Reform Ohio Executions
- Big Brother Finale Tonight, Find Out What Nick & Jim Predict
- Truth Test: Pillich Ad Makes Military Service A Centerpiece Of Her Campaign