Moderator of Capitol Square
Jim Heath covers major Ohio political and government news and moderates Capitol Square for 10TV.
Jim's insight into the 2012 presidential race earned him a spot on GQ's Top 5 political "Power List." The Washington Post also gave Jim their "Best Super Tuesday" Twitter ranking.
A native of Van Wert, Ohio, Jim majored in Broadcasting at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University in Tempe, Ariz.
Jim brings more than two decades of experience in television and political reporting to his position. Prior to joining 10TV, he served six years as the main anchor at the ABC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, S.C. He also worked as an anchor and reporter in southern Arizona.
Prior to his broadcasting career, Jim spent about a decade in the political arena serving in various capacities, including a five-year stint as a Congressional press secretary in Washington, D.C.
Besides earning two Emmy awards for his political reporting, Jim has also received the prestigious Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Television Political Journalism.
Jim regularly hosts and moderates live debates and forums on the air. He is also a frequent guest speaker at local organizations offering analysis and insight into the political arena.
Recent articles by Jim Heath
- Ohio AG DeWine Says Medical Marijuana Vote Likely In Ohio
- Former Big Brother Star And Columbus Native Nick Uhas Makes Final Predictions With 10TV's BB Fan Jim Heath
- 10TV Exclusive: Kasich Pulled Plug On Debate With FitzGerald During Prep
- Kasich 'Ohio Is Coming Back' Ad Passes Truth Test
- Columbus Dispatch Poll Shows Grim News For Ohio Democrats With 50 Days Left Until Election
- Senators Push For Money To Tear Down Blighted Properties In Central Ohio Neighborhoods
- With Eye On '16, Portman & Brown Stake Out Positions To Fight Terrorists
- Brown Denies He's Eyeing Spot On National Ticket In 2016
- Failing FitzGerald Campaign Unable To Push Kasich On Jobs Record
- DeWine Answers Questions On Handling Of Sexual Harassment Case
- Itinerary Set For DNC Site Selection Committee In Columbus
- Kasich Maintains Big Lead Over FitzGerald In Governor's Race
- Ohio Set To Debate Repeal Of Common Core Requirements
- Columbus Small Businesses Endorse Same Sex Marriage
- Supporters Plan High Financed Effort To Legalize Medical Marijuana in Ohio
- Pre-K Funding Unites Coleman & Kasich Before Election
- Debate Over Internet Tax In Ohio Focuses On Fairness
- Ex-Teachers Claim Dayton Charter School Tampered With Grades, Did Not Report Sexual Misconduct
- Ohio Political Reaction To LeBron All Postive
- Supporters of Annie's Law Say Bill Would Cut Down on Drunk Driving Deaths
- Republicans Sue FitzGerald Over Key Card Swipes
- Republicans Pick Cleveland For 2016 National Convention
- Delaware Fourth Of July Parade Focuses On Unity, Not Division
- Columbus Police Operations Center Vital To Red, White and BOOM! Safety
- Senators From Ohio Vow To Work Together To Land National Political Conventions
- Ohio Same Sex Marriage Vote At Least Another Year Away
- Medical Marijuana In Ohio Fails To Make 2014 Ballot
- Voters Rights Amendment Fails To Make 2014 Ballot
- Libertarians Bring National Convention To Columbus, Focused On 2016