Moderator of Capitol Square
Jim Heath covers major Ohio political and government news and moderates Capitol Square for 10TV.
Jim's insight into the 2012 presidential race earned him a spot on GQ's Top 5 political "Power List." The Washington Post also gave Jim their "Best Super Tuesday" Twitter ranking.
A native of Van Wert, Ohio, Jim majored in Broadcasting at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University in Tempe, Ariz.
Jim brings more than two decades of experience in television and political reporting to his position. Prior to joining 10TV, he served six years as the main anchor at the ABC affiliate in Myrtle Beach, S.C. He also worked as an anchor and reporter in southern Arizona.
Prior to his broadcasting career, Jim spent about a decade in the political arena serving in various capacities, including a five-year stint as a Congressional press secretary in Washington, D.C.
Besides earning two Emmy awards for his political reporting, Jim has also received the prestigious Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Television Political Journalism.
Jim regularly hosts and moderates live debates and forums on the air. He is also a frequent guest speaker at local organizations offering analysis and insight into the political arena.
Recent articles by Jim Heath
- Kasich Steers Away From Right As Election Day Nears
- Ohio Statehouse Examines Security In Wake Of Canada Shootings
- Two Weeks Before Election, Kasich Lands A Major Union Endorsement
- DeWine Defends Discipline For Employee Who Made Crude Statements Against Women
- Kasich & Obama Discuss Ebola Concerns In Ohio
- Ohio Senator Writes Off 'Stumbling' FitzGerald Campaign For Governor
- Ohio Congressman Says Ebola Patient Unable To Spread Virus In Ohio
- Brown Tells CDC That He Wants Team Of Infection Workers Available For Ohio
- Portman Urges Ohioans To Remain Calm As Ebola Scare Hits Ohio
- All Eyes On One Ohio Judge For Next Step In Marriage Debate
- Ex-Death Row Inmate Hopes His Story Will Reform Ohio Executions
- Big Brother Finale Tonight, Find Out What Nick & Jim Predict
- Truth Test: Pillich Ad Makes Military Service A Centerpiece Of Her Campaign
- Ohio AG DeWine Says Medical Marijuana Vote Likely In Ohio
- Former Big Brother Star And Columbus Native Nick Uhas Makes Final Predictions With 10TV's BB Fan Jim Heath
- 10TV Exclusive: Kasich Pulled Plug On Debate With FitzGerald During Prep
- Kasich 'Ohio Is Coming Back' Ad Passes Truth Test
- Columbus Dispatch Poll Shows Grim News For Ohio Democrats With 50 Days Left Until Election
- Senators Push For Money To Tear Down Blighted Properties In Central Ohio Neighborhoods
- With Eye On '16, Portman & Brown Stake Out Positions To Fight Terrorists
- Brown Denies He's Eyeing Spot On National Ticket In 2016
- Failing FitzGerald Campaign Unable To Push Kasich On Jobs Record
- DeWine Answers Questions On Handling Of Sexual Harassment Case
- Itinerary Set For DNC Site Selection Committee In Columbus
- Kasich Maintains Big Lead Over FitzGerald In Governor's Race
- Ohio Set To Debate Repeal Of Common Core Requirements
- Columbus Small Businesses Endorse Same Sex Marriage