10TV News Anchor
WATCH KRISTYN'S VIDEO BIO
Kristyn Hartman comes to WBNS-10TV from WBBM, in Chicago, where she worked for nearly eight years as a reporter and news anchor.
She previously worked at stations in Charlotte, Phoenix, Peoria, Ill., and Joplin, Mo.
Kristyn is a Midwest girl to the core. She was born and raised in the Midwest, and attended Northwestern University, where she graduated from the School of Communication. She majored in Radio/Television/Film.
Over her 19 years in the business, Hartman has produced shows, shot video, edited, reported and anchored. She says her favorite stories are the ones that genuinely turn a light on and tell people something they didn't know about the immediate world around them.
In Chicago, Kristyn did a piece about a high school that had 117 pregnant or parenting teenage girls. It caused concern nationally, but more importantly, locally. The story alerted community stakeholders to a very real issue. They came together to address it. Kristyn says, to her, that's what news is all about.
Hartman says she's thankful the business has given her the opportunity to work with some wonderful groups. She helped build a home with Habitat for Humanity. In 2006, Kristyn ran the Chicago Marathon with Team In Training. She's dedicated time to cancer research and support and hopes to bring a chapter of the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation to Columbus.
She also hopes to continue reaching out to children through reading.
"Everywhere I've worked, I've made visiting classrooms a priority," Hartman said.
She's also committed to being a guest speaker whenever she can for collegiate journalism programs.
In her spare time, Hartman says she loves being a student of the world. She has traveled to Germany, Italy, Costa Rica, Greece, Hungary, France, Peru and all over the U.S. She studied German and still reads German newspapers when she finds the time.
At home, Hartman says baking is one of her favorite hobbies. Her husband, Chris, doesn't mind that at all. They can't wait to explore Columbus together, with their dog, Roxy.
Recent articles by Kristyn Hartman
- Wedding Ring Reunited With Couple Decades After Loss
- Columbus Man Chronicles His Own Battle With AIDS To Inspire, Teach Others
- Central Ohio Rapper Turns Lyrics Into Inspirational Gospel
- Female Trailblazer Provides Firsts For The Best Damn Band In The Land
- National Miss Ohio 2014 Sets Platform On Personal Weight Struggles
- Columbus Teen Strives To Make Women’s Sled Hockey An Official Paralympic Sport
- Chalk Drawings Bring Weekly Work Of Art To Central Ohio Restaurant
- Central Ohio Doctors Develop App To Combat Asthma
- Teen Entrepreneur Turns Class Project Into Business Opportunity
- Blendon Township Residents Not Satisfied With Group Home Report
- Amputee’s Recovery Process Leads Him To The Arnold
- Ohio State University Grad Says Living In Wheelchair Has Taught Him What’s Important In Life
- Fire Marshal Takes 10TV Through A Home To Provide Important Safety Info
- Couple Using Cousin As Surrogate In Hopes Of Becoming Parents
- Central Ohio Families Turn To Underground Shelters To Stay Safe
- Family Safety Week: Poison In The Home
- Local Child Piano Prodigy Amazes Audiences At Age 10
- Police Concerned About Growing Number Of Dabbers Using Highly Concentrated Pot
- Local Donation By Women’s Group Makes Difference In Lives Of Children