10TV News Anchor
WATCH KRISTYN'S VIDEO BIO
Monday through Friday, you’ll see Kristyn Hartman with Jerry Revish at the anchor desk at 5, 6 and 11 o’clock.
Kristyn has called Columbus home for more than three years now. In her time here, she has helped build a home with Habitat for Humanity. She’s covered myriad high profile stories including the escape of three women held captive in a Cleveland home, the OSU Marching Band investigation, the OSU National Football Championship game, and a six part series dedicated to understanding what legalizing marijuana could mean for Ohio. Her work here has earned three Emmys, and an Ohio AP Award. Her contributions were part of a submission that helped WBNS win a station Murrow Award.
Before arriving in Columbus, Kristyn served as a reporter/fill-in anchor in her hometown of Chicago for WBBM-TV/Channel 2. Thanks to a diverse career, she’s also gotten to experience Charlotte, Phoenix, Peoria and Joplin. Exposure to different geographic areas gives Kristyn a deeper perspective on regions of the country and news events there. It’s also given her a reason to love different parts of the nation. They all have, in her words, “things to write home about” – especially Columbus.
Kristyn is a huge fan of the can-do, optimistic spirit of Central Ohio, a place that’s growing, but true to its roots and traditions at the same time. Kristyn is particularly proud of how the people of Central Ohio have each other’s backs through philanthropy and service. She’s happy and honored to champion a wide range of causes – especially anything that helps fight heart disease and cancer. Both have impacted people she loves.
Family is important to Kristyn. Her favorite time is when she’s hanging out in German Village with her husband, Chris, and their dog Roxy. They love Schiller Park, their neighbors and all the wonderful food fare in that neck of the woods!
Recent articles by Kristyn Hartman
- Reporter's Notebook: Choose Love Over Fear
- Melissa Etheridge Performs At Ohio Prison
- Colbert: I Just Want To Do A Show With Joy And Abandon
- Side Effects: The Debate Over Safety Of Marijuana Legalization
- Legal Marijuana Gives Rise To ‘Weed Bars’ In Colorado
- Medical Marijuana: The Potential Health Benefits Of Legalization
- Pot Legalization In Ohio: Where Will The Money Go?
- Ohio Businesses Eager To Cash In On Marijuana
- High Stakes: ResponsibleOhio's Push To Legalize Marijuana
- Central Ohio Heart Walk Aims To Raise Money For Research
- Husband Of Columbus Murder Victim Searching For Answers
- Bicyclists Raise Money To Fight Cancer In Central Ohio
- The Grade Debate: Are Parents Holding Back Students To Get Ahead?
- Board of Elections To Deliver Marijuana Legalization Petition Signature Validation Results Thursday