Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Eric Elwell came to 10TV from the Ohio News Network (ONN) where he served as chief meteorologist since 1998. Eric led the ONN weather team to numerous Ohio Associated Press awards for "Best Weather Operation" in Ohio, including in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Eric began his career at WTVA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Tupelo, Miss., and then worked for KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, Kan. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Geoscience with a specialization in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
He has earned the American Meteorological Society's Certified Broadcast Meteorologist designation. The AMS grants the CBM designation to broadcast meteorologists who meet established criteria for scientific competence and effective communication skills in their weather presentations. Eric also holds the Seal of Approval from the National Weather Association and was selected in 2011 to sit on the NWA seal evaluation board.
Eric can be seen on 10TV News on weekend evenings.
His hobbies include landscaping, watching college sports, and when he isn't manning the weather center or storm chasing! Eric started chasing storms in his teens. However, his real adventures began while working in Kansas for several years before coming to Columbus, covering storms in tornado alley.
Eric and his family, including his two "kids" Jacob and Kira (English Springer Spaniels), live in Lewis Center.
Recent articles by Eric Elwell
- Weekend To End With Clear Skies And Chilly Temperatures
- Scattered Showers And Thunderstorms Possible Monday Night
- Slight Chance For Sunday Night Showers
- Work Week To Start With Unseasonable Heat
- Slight Chance For Saturday Evening Showers
- Slight Chance For Sunday Showers
- Saturday Evening Chance For Showers
- Scattered Showers And Storms Ending Saturday Evening
- Showers Taper Off Tonight, Sunny & Pleasant Tomorrow