Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Eric Elwell came to 10TV from the Ohio News Network (ONN) where he served as chief meteorologist since 1998. Eric led the ONN weather team to numerous Ohio Associated Press awards for "Best Weather Operation" in Ohio, including in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Eric began his career at WTVA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Tupelo, Miss., and then worked for KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, Kan. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Geoscience with a specialization in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
He has earned the American Meteorological Society's Certified Broadcast Meteorologist designation. The AMS grants the CBM designation to broadcast meteorologists who meet established criteria for scientific competence and effective communication skills in their weather presentations. Eric also holds the Seal of Approval from the National Weather Association and was selected in 2011 to sit on the NWA seal evaluation board.
Eric can be seen on 10TV News on weekend evenings.
His hobbies include landscaping, watching college sports, and when he isn't manning the weather center or storm chasing! Eric started chasing storms in his teens. However, his real adventures began while working in Kansas for several years before coming to Columbus, covering storms in tornado alley.
Eric and his family, including his two "kids" Jacob and Kira (English Springer Spaniels), live in Lewis Center.
Recent articles by Eric Elwell
- Chance For Rain And Snow For The Early Part Of Work Week
- Freezing Rain, Sleet and Snow To Develop Across Central Ohio Sunday Night
- Light Rain Likely Saturday Night
- Fog And Drizzle Possible Saturday Night
- Light Rain Remains Through Tonight, Flurries Possible By Tomorrow
- MyCarFax App Helps Users Locate Vehicle Maintainence, Recall Information
- Light Rain Possible Saturday Night Before Sunday Showers
- Saturday Night To End With Temperatures Above Freezing
- Project Prepare: Simple Maintenance Around Doors, Windows Can Reduce Bills
- Project Prepare: Tips To Get Your Car Ready For Winter
- Three To Five Inches Of Snow Expected To Accumulate By Monday
- Chance For Light Snow On Saturday Night
- Overnight Lows To Dip Near Freezing
- To Rake Or Not To Rake? Fall Yard Work Has Some Homeowners Choosing Sides
- Columbus Pedals Ahead With Plans To Make City More Bicycle-Friendly
- Freeze Warning Issued For Most Of Central Ohio