Live Doppler 10 Meteorologist
Eric Elwell came to 10TV from the Ohio News Network (ONN) where he served as chief meteorologist since 1998. Eric led the ONN weather team to numerous Ohio Associated Press awards for "Best Weather Operation" in Ohio, including in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Eric began his career at WTVA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Tupelo, Miss., and then worked for KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, Kan. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Geoscience with a specialization in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
He has earned the American Meteorological Society's Certified Broadcast Meteorologist designation. The AMS grants the CBM designation to broadcast meteorologists who meet established criteria for scientific competence and effective communication skills in their weather presentations. Eric also holds the Seal of Approval from the National Weather Association and was selected in 2011 to sit on the NWA seal evaluation board.
Eric can be seen on 10TV News on weekend evenings.
His hobbies include landscaping, watching college sports, and when he isn't manning the weather center or storm chasing! Eric started chasing storms in his teens. However, his real adventures began while working in Kansas for several years before coming to Columbus, covering storms in tornado alley.
Eric and his family, including his two "kids" Jacob and Kira (English Springer Spaniels), live in Lewis Center.
Recent articles by Eric Elwell
- Gardening Tips: How To Prepare Your Yard For Spring
- Multiple Crashes Reported Along U.S. 33 Due To Weather
- ODOT: 2015 Construction Season Will Be Massive
- Warmest Day Of The Year To Start The Work Week
- Partly Cloudy Skies And Patchy Fog Saturday Evening
- The Spring Sneeze: Allergy Sufferers Brace For Pollen Season
- Behind the Weather: Two Storm Systems Expected Over The Next 48 Hours
- Hidden Hazard: Salt & Brine On Roads Can Be Corrosive To Vehicles
- ‘Snow Missiles’ Bombard Central Ohio Drivers With Flying Ice From Vehicles
- Side Roads Remain Snow Packed In Southern Communities
- Winter Storm Warning Issued For Parts Of Central Ohio
- Temperatures To Drop Below Zero And Drifting Snow Expected Overnight
- Newark High School Students Spread The Positivity During Random Acts Of Kindness Week
- Love Stinks: Mating Season Begins For Skunks
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Central Ohio As Rain Turns To Sleet And Snow
- You May Have To Prove Your Identity To State Of Ohio After Filing Taxes
- Snow Expected To Start After Midnight As Winter Storm Warning Issued
- The Perfect Storm: A Look Back At The 1978 Blizzard
- Chance For Rain And Snow For The Early Part Of Work Week
- Freezing Rain, Sleet and Snow To Develop Across Central Ohio Sunday Night
- Light Rain Likely Saturday Night